Home

Madden 20 franchise interview

This is a discussion on Madden 20 franchise interview within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 20 franchise interview

https://youtu.be/HZzLK1DRqKQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Re: Madden 20 franchise interview

I'm watching this video and saw the thread be posted at the same time first off perfect timing haha!
Far as my thoughts go, I'm really going to focus on the Scenario Engine because that's what I was hoping to hear more about and honestly what I heard.....still has me confused about the implementation of it. It sounds like just another version of the "Big Decisions" thing that's currently in the game. And that's not really what I wanted to hear. But guess I'll have to continue to wait until I'm able to see it for myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Franchise as a live service has potential of course, it's just a matter of how frequently and what kind of quality do we get in these updates.

I get the feeling that a lot of people are going to be disappointed with how rudimentary/binary the Scenario engine might be in year one(hopefully adding depth to it is part of the Franchise live service update), but I'm glad it's in. The writing for the Scenario's will be huge, because often, especially in sports games, IMO, they write at an elementary school level on purpose, and it lessens the experience.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I'll be honest, this interview made me feel more discouraged regarding the scenario engine. He made it sound like it's more for coaching decisions prior to the game than something that would have any long term impact on a team. I want player hold outs, trade demands, 5th year options. I don't know why this stuff is so hard to have in an NFL game in 2019.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 PM   #5
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I'll be honest, this interview made me feel more discouraged regarding the scenario engine. He made it sound like it's more for coaching decisions prior to the game than something that would have any long term impact on a team. I want player hold outs, trade demands, 5th year options. I don't know why this stuff is so hard to have in an NFL game in 2019.
I feel like we've been slightly misled about what this engine does. It hasn't been explained in any detail to us because the so-called Franchise "deep dive" blog wasn't very deep at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I feel like we've been slightly misled about what this engine does. It hasn't been explained in any detail to us because the so-called Franchise "deep dive" blog wasn't very deep at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree completely, the franchise "deep dive" was more about face of the franchise than CFM. Which is fine, it's a new feature they want to push. I get that, but if you're going to hype this scenario engine as something for face of the franchise as well as CFM it would be nice if they would show us how it will affect teams in CFM. I managed to get a beta key and this is one of the first things I plan on looking at. Assuming the scenario engine is working in the beta, face of the franchise isn't available.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Selfishly, I'm glad that MUT and QB1 isn't in the beta, so that no one gets "distracted" by those modes. The feedback needs to be all about gameplay and Franchise.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Selfishly, I'm glad that MUT and QB1 isn't in the beta, so that no one gets "distracted" by those modes. The feedback needs to be all about gameplay and Franchise.
I agree, I intend on giving the best feedback I can. I know parts of the game will be a little wonky like last years beta but hopefully there is enough feedback that they can get working on a patch to resolve any outstanding issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »