Home

Madden 20 Beta Impressions Thread, no pictures or videos!

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Beta Impressions Thread, no pictures or videos! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #777
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 20 Beta Impressions Thread, no pictures or videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
Ok! Sounds like gameplay took a step forward and presentation a step backward. Its unfortunate that EA Tiburon either does not have enough staff to work on this game or they are a sloppy bunch.

It would go a long way if they implemented toggles to turn off things like the swoosh noise, captain stars etc.

BTW the new scoreboard is atrocious and looks nothing like any sports presentation Ive ever seen on TV, and the paint smudge behind the team with possession OMG!
Normally anything new in regards to presentation isn't in yet at this time. Same thing with the beta last yr. I actually like the scoreboard and isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Overall I was impressed what the team has done so far and can't wait for release. I don't see the point in ripping the devs since you actually haven't played it and it's a wip.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-17-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:34 AM   #778
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
1. Yes, there is a swoosh sound. This is def somewhat ‘gimmicky’ and ‘arcadey’. But, I also think it’s simply a sort of audible cue for the user to know whether u really threw a bullet or a softer pass. When u throw a bullet, the swoosh is louder, I believe, or more pronounced. So, I really think it’s not just a new sound of the ball being thrown, it’s an audible cue to alert the user he held the button down long enough for a bullet type thing. It will be annoying for some, I imagine, but it’s really not a big deal, and it also sort of gives the user the feeling of really throwing a bullet or really throwing the ball downfield. I actually liked it the more I played. But, it’s not for everybody, I’m sure.

2. No. This feels set in stone. There will absolutely be no waking to the line. They’d have to add back code for that, I’d imagine, and wouldn’t be worth the effort for them, imo.

3. I tried this. This is still removed. Can’t figure out for the life of me why they’d remove this in the first place, but no, u cannot pump up the crowd. As the qb, u can still tell the crowd to shut up, though.

4. The weather looks gorgeous, imo. I specifically recall looking at an instant replay and looking at the blue sky mixed with clouds. Very pretty, I’d say. I think they switched the graphics engine a little on this one. The game is now a little more ‘cartoonish’, imo. And, as such, I think it allows for better animations and polish on the overall ‘artwork’ including the sky and clouds and whatnot. The sun seems brighter and the white jerseys seem brighter as well. I never noticed the dull lighting from 19.

5. Sidelines are identical, imo. And, I think the crowd may be even more dull. Lol. This could be a beta thing. Perhaps, they add more textures or something in the final? But, at 50+ GB for the beta, I’m sort of doubting they left much out.

6. I believe all QBs have better throwing animations. The specific QBs mentioned have even more specific animations. But, I really likes all the animations I saw from Matt Ryan. And, I mean everything. Better back pedaling screen pass throws to avoid defenders and getting rid of the ball. Better animations when stepping in and out of pocket. Much better animation transitions from looking right to running left and throwing on the run against the grain. U have to see this to appreciate it, honestly, but I specifically recall a play where I did just that, I was looking right, and then stepped left a few steps to avoid the rush, then realized I needed to scramble left, as I was scrambling left, I saw an open man 10 yards downfield, so I fired it even though I was moving against the grain, and Ryan fired a nice throw for completion. His final animation for the throw was a controlled moving left sort of jumping as he threw it. This looked extremely realistic, imo. There was no jaggedness to the animations. Like, there was no classic madden qb spinning right left in a 360 goofy animation. This entire sequence of animations in describing was incredibly smooth. This whole game animates extremely well and looks nothing like madden 15-19, imo.

7. This game absolutely reminds me of 13 which was technically the only game with a real physics based approach. That game introduce the infinity engine. Now, that engine may still be under the hood, but madden completely neutered it with M25 and moving forward to 15-19. I cannot emphasize enough how individualistic every single player in this game acts and responds. I am honestly blown away by it. And, I’m definitely seeing branched tackling animations. I had a defender wrapping up a rb from behind falling forward, and Deion jones came in from the front to clean it up. In past maddens, this might have done nothing, but in this case, Jones, indeed, changed the tackle animation into pushing the rb backwards with the other defender still attached. This did not happen in M25-19, imo. So, this is highly improved, imo, and looks much more physics based.

I really think M20 looks like what M25 should’ve been. lol. If they had improved upon M13, this would be the beautiful game they should’ve already created. I guess it only took them 6-7 years to add on to M13. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear about the physics for sure! The presentation just seems to have taken more steps back AGAIN! I think this will be the year I get all my sports gaming fix from NBA 2K20. Im not even sure that EA should do a presentation blog, whats the point lol
Old 06-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #779
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
1) It's just like it sounds. It is a swoosh sound that is noticeable. Does it play every single time you pass? I cannot answer. I tuned the sound out, but it definitely plays out and was obnoxious when I first started playing.

2) I highly doubt it. I'd say our best chance is us modders being able to bring it back on PC some way.

3) It's still gone from what I can tell.

4) The wind is toned down a lot. Outside of that I didn't really notice much differences.

5) They are the exact same. The living worlds BS we got sold when coming to this generation is just sad.

6) I didn't pay enough attention to this, sorry

7) The tackles make much more sense physically speaking. Guys are keeping their momentum a lot more. It almost seems like the offense is getting the benefit of the momentum the majority of the time. This may have been done on purpose because in last year's release it was very jarring how often players would get tackled from the back or the side and the tackle animation would make no sense with regards to momentum.
I never heard it but then I don't play the game with a lot of volume.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 AM   #780
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Not to take it off topic, but is there a scheduled presentation blog or deep dive?

― Plato
Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 AM   #781
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm sticking with madden 19. The gameplay has improved, but not enough to my liking. What's the deal with all the fumbles and the qb ai has not improved either. Does ea even play there games? I know it's the beta version. I guess you shouldn't expect much from madden.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 12:42 AM   #782
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
Glad to hear about the physics for sure! The presentation just seems to have taken more steps back AGAIN! I think this will be the year I get all my sports gaming fix from NBA 2K20. Im not even sure that EA should do a presentation blog, whats the point lol
"Not so fast my friend!"- Lee Corso

As much as I have enjoyed this beta, Madden's physics engine is cheeks. The ENTIRE game is dice roll animations over and over again. Now, is the gameplay smooth this year? Yes. Does that mean that the physics are good? Nope. Imo, the animations aren't that bad. The problem is that there are no physics being shown during the animations. Once the tackle animation starts, no one else can change the momentum of the two players in the animation. Hell, just look at the QB slide animation. It makes the QB untouchable. That's baaaaaaad physics. Sorry to ruin your hopes.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:45 AM   #783
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
I'm sticking with madden 19. The gameplay has improved, but not enough to my liking. What's the deal with all the fumbles and the qb ai has not improved either. Does ea even play there games? I know it's the beta version. I guess you shouldn't expect much from madden.

I swear there was 4 fumbles in each Franchise game I played. I, Cam Newton, would have at least 2 a game, and they would get returned for TD's. Also, AI quarterbacks don't scramble at all smh. I played 24 franchise games, and only saw a QB scramble once. And that was on the last play of the game when he accidentally tripped out of the pocket.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:53 AM   #784
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I swear there was 4 fumbles in each Franchise game I played. I, Cam Newton, would have at least 2 a game, and they would get returned for TD's. Also, AI quarterbacks don't scramble at all smh. I played 24 franchise games, and only saw a QB scramble once. And that was on the last play of the game when he accidentally tripped out of the pocket.
In my last game, I was playing the Cowboys with my saints franchise. The Cowboys had 5 turnovers. (3 fumbles and 2 interceptions) The Saints had 2 fumbles and I throw 1 interception.

I'm going to try my best to not fall for the banana in the tailpipe lol and not buy this game.

Bulls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »