Home

Face of the Franchise and the Collegiate Rosters

This is a discussion on Face of the Franchise and the Collegiate Rosters within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Face of the Franchise and the Collegiate Rosters

Do you all think there is any possibility that the 10 teams included in Madden 20 will have some real players on them that were in the latest draft class and now have their likeness in Madden already? Could we see Michael Jackson, Joe Jackson, Travis Homer, Gerald Willis, and others all on Miami's roster if you are playing as or against them in the playoffs?

While I think it would be an extremely neat thing to include, I am going to assume with EA's track record and the fears among the NCAA, its schools, and the lawyers for both that we probably will see purely randomized rosters for those collegiate teams.

I also wonder if we are going to be able to play every single offensive play as the QB and be able to watch the defense and special teams plays or if it will be more of a Play the Moments kind of thing where we'll play a few drives here and there that dictate the rest of the game.

Thoughts on both?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Face of the Franchise and the Collegiate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Do you all think there is any possibility that the 10 teams included in Madden 20 will have some real players on them that were in the latest draft class and now have their likeness in Madden already? Could we see Michael Jackson, Joe Jackson, Travis Homer, Gerald Willis, and others all on Miami's roster if you are playing as or against them in the playoffs?

While I think it would be an extremely neat thing to include, I am going to assume with EA's track record and the fears among the NCAA, its schools, and the lawyers for both that we probably will see purely randomized rosters for those collegiate teams.

I also wonder if we are going to be able to play every single offensive play as the QB and be able to watch the defense and special teams plays or if it will be more of a Play the Moments kind of thing where we'll play a few drives here and there that dictate the rest of the game.

Thoughts on both?
I’d be extremely surprised if they were in there. I’m assuming it’ll all be generic players and names, breaking what little immersion is present. EA and Madden seem to hate immersion in their game. Cause it’s been lacking in that department for the last decade.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
I’d be extremely surprised if they were in there. I’m assuming it’ll all be generic players and names, breaking what little immersion is present. EA and Madden seem to hate immersion in their game. Cause it’s been lacking in that department for the last decade.

The ongoing litigation regarding the use of player likenesses in college football video game contexts is a legitimate reason for Tiburon to avoid including any real players in any college football video game scenario. The cynical axe-grinding directed at Tiburon in this case is neither appropriate nor fair. Send that towards the NCAA and CLC first and second.

On account of the lawsuits mentioned above, I too would be pleasantly surprised if the real players were included on the QB1 college rosters.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

The one situation I can see as similar to this one in a way is where NCAA14 had Ultimate Team and they were able to use players who had graduated and were part of the NFLPA. They were able to use their likenesses in a collegiate environment. Since they have the rights to the players I mentioned in the OP I thought this may be a possibility, but I don't think we will see it at all. I do hope that by them allowing us to play as 10 teams with random rosters it can open the door to show that using randomized rosters and no player likenesses is a viable way to go.

― Plato
Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The ongoing litigation regarding the use of player likenesses in college football video game contexts is a legitimate reason for Tiburon to avoid including any real players in any college football video game scenario. The cynical axe-grinding directed at Tiburon in this case is neither appropriate nor fair. Send that towards the NCAA and CLC first and second.
Until they actually add anything of substance to CFM, I’d say it’s pretty fair to have a pessimistic attitude towards the series. Nothing I said was remotely to do with the legality of whatever the NCAA/Tiburon are dealing with, you brought that up yourself.

I’d be 100% ok with them using generic players for everyone NOT in the 2019 draft class, as would probably need to be the case for them to avoid any legal issues. But like I said, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if any real life players are there with you on those NCAA teams in Face of the Franchise mode. My comments about the lack of immersion in Madden stand true and are entirely fair and appropriate shots at Tiburon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 12:25 AM   #6
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

Im assuming all generic names unless you have a player who got drafted this year on your team, IE Marquise Brown on Oklahoma

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Gophers
Gators
Yankees
Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I forgot I even made this thread lol. That's what I was wondering about. Obviously no one still in college will be on the rosters, but there is a chance that anyone drafted or UDFA's would be on their teams as EA has the rights to their likenesses and it would be similar to Ultimate Team in NCAA 14. I'm assuming the entire rosters will be generic though.

― Plato
Old 07-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I wish this mode allowed you to start in year 2. That way the 2019 draft still stands.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »