Home

What Feels Different in the Madden NFL 20 Beta

This is a discussion on What Feels Different in the Madden NFL 20 Beta within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2019, 04:03 AM   #25
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Feels Different in the Madden NFL 20 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
NIce article. I did see an unnecessary roughness call on a LB for hitting a RB out of bounds; but most calls were for Facemask.

I think most people, at least here and those I follow on twitter are hoping the pass rush stays strong. Though I feel it was nerfed some between friday and sunday night; even in the pro bowl.

Though, the Pro Bowl as nearly impossible to play on friday due to near constant sacks by CPU team.
Here's the thing the base 4 man rush is actually about the same. The difference is when an extra man is sent. Blitzing on the beta was very effective. The base pass rush was were it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #26
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I hope Madden 21 isn't released on next gen consoles, I hope the first Madden game on next gen is Madden 22 but knowing EA's history they will probably release Madden 21 on next gen consoles in Dec of 2020.

There's really no more console generations anymore. It's not like it's been in the past. Moving forward it will all be like the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro. Same games work on both system, but one machine is more powerful than the other and will produce better performance. I don't think we'll run into what we did in the past.

Last edited by PhillyPhanatic14; 06-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I seriously try to play this game as if I am a member of the 70s Oakland Raiders defense. I try to play as dirty as the program will allow. But darn EA for preventing a lot of dirty play, especially after the whistle. lol

Lol. Yeah, I actually don’t try to play dirty, but i
Have to admit, I’m not against rubbing a defender in his route if I’m usering the mlb trying to cover a rb in the flat. Often, there’s a short crossing route over the middle. I end up rubbing that wr just enough to throw him off. In this case, it may be within 5 yards, but either way, he def gets physically moved off his spot a little allowing the cb who’s supposed to be covering him to catch up to him. This happens in the nfl, so I don’t mind doing it. But yeah, it’s just nice seeing the players bump off each other a little bit. In years past, they would’ve had a graphical glitch or something.

And, if u do this at just the wrong time as cb chasing a wr deep, it may trigger a PI animation. So, there’s some risk/reward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #28
Rookie

I don't understand why if EA made these three game modes and they make the game overall more skewed towards the comp crowd that they won't tune SIM mode more aggressively towards being sim. I'm thinking that maybe just the modes being split doesn't allow them to tune as much as initially thought. Like why not make the penalties actually occur at a real life rate at default in sim. CPU Qb accuracy sit around 60-70% on avg. I mean if it's SIM mode it's not like making a starting point where things are tuned to real numbers is going to run off the SIM crowd. Then if someone doesn't like it at those default settings they can turn penalties down or CPU acc up. I just think the modes need to be dramatically different.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Tears
I don't understand why if EA made these three game modes and they make the game overall more skewed towards the comp crowd that they won't tune SIM mode more aggressively towards being sim. I'm thinking that maybe just the modes being split doesn't allow them to tune as much as initially thought. Like why not make the penalties actually occur at a real life rate at default in sim. CPU Qb accuracy sit around 60-70% on avg. I mean if it's SIM mode it's not like making a starting point where things are tuned to real numbers is going to run off the SIM crowd. Then if someone doesn't like it at those default settings they can turn penalties down or CPU acc up. I just think the modes need to be dramatically different.
Yeah I agree, it's almost like they seem to just keep thinking they only have one game mode or something...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

They could do a lot more with tuning the game. The one eye opener when modding the game on PC was seeing how similar a lot of values were between all 3 modes. If EA really wanted to they could make each mode play noticeably differently. We did it already with the mods we have out.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2019, 02:01 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I was most pleasantly surprised that stonewall blocking is drastically reduced, even if I don't get off the blocker I can at least move the offensive linemen backwards. In past Maddens playing on the defensive line was boring and a waste of time, now is more fun, I hope this doesn't get nerfed.
I actually found the opposite, I like to play as the DE and was able to loop around while fighting the tackle like the CPU does in previous versions. In the beta I couldn't, I would get locked in and have to button mash until I could shed the blocker. The CPU controlled ends do it but I couldn't. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 01:31 AM   #32
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Here's the thing the base 4 man rush is actually about the same. The difference is when an extra man is sent. Blitzing on the beta was very effective. The base pass rush was were it should be.
Base 4 man rush was way too weak last year, so if it’s “about the same” it’s broken... UNLESS the very good players actually dominate even with a four man rush.

Yes, in Madden 19 the SACK numbers weren’t so bad, and the pressure numbers were close, but you know what was WAY off? Time between the snap and getting rid of the ball. And why? Because base four man pressure was absurdly weak. The only reason sack numbers weren’t low is because of the poor AI QB logic.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-19-2019 at 01:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »