Home

Thresholds for Triggering X Factor

This is a discussion on Thresholds for Triggering X Factor within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Thresholds for Triggering X Factor

So I know the OP pulled these descriptions from Madden 20's website, and I also realize the beta wasn't final, but the requirements listed here don't match the requirements from the beta.

For example - in the beta, Pro Reads requires three consecutive completions which travel at least 5 yards in the air beyond the line of scrimmage, not just any three completions.

Another example - Blitz Radar in the beta required only three 10+ yard scrambles in the beta, not five.

Basically, I'm not sure which is correct here. I do agree the thresholds in the OP are a bit inconsistent with respect to trigger difficulty.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's because the goals needed to get a player in the zone vary depending on whether you are playing on Arcade, Competitive, or Simulation.

Shouldn't they also be dependent on quarter length? If I play 6 minute quarters and you play 10 minute quarters that makes a big difference.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

N the beta, Mahomes only required on 30 yard pass. And that 30 yards in the air, so, depending on your drop back, it might only need to a 23 yard pass. Also, for this, RAC doesn’t matter, it’s only the distance the ball travels.

But, most of my games were 6 minute quarters. I did play two franchise games with 12 minute quarters, but I’m no sure if the requirement changed. I wonder if they scale the requirements back for shorter quarters.

Regardless, I think the idea that they are hard to activate and hard to maintain is a good thing. And it appears to be fairly simple to balance as the year goes on.

I never really tried to activate them anyway. I like the idea of players getting triggered organically, without me trying to force it. I’m sure in MUT, with shorter quarters, there will be more strategy involved in getting, and keeping players from being, activated, as well as how to shut that down.

When playing sim, as I did in franchise, it never occurred to me to try to activate a player. I kind of think the X-factor should only impact a handful of games in a season, not impact every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think people are missing that the thresholds change depending on game style. That is why what OP listed doesn't match what you saw playing on Sim in the beta.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Players don't get into zones often.
During my 22 games in CFM, there was an X-Factor ability activated in each game. It was usually me as Cam Newton after rushing for like 60 yards or something. Other times it would be the CPU DE, QB, or WR. Anytime the CPU had a X-factor DE, they entered the zone. I think the slow throwing animations caused a lot of sacks for me, and that made it easy for them. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edit: This was All-Madden, Sim
Old 06-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #14
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

I'm fine with the way they have it now. These guys all already have their superstar traits, which are active 100% of the time. The "X factor" in the zone traits, in my opinion, should be rare achievements.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I'm fine with the way they have it now. These guys all already have their superstar traits, which are active 100% of the time. The "X factor" in the zone traits, in my opinion, should be rare achievements.
That's fine, but that's also beside the point. If they're supposed to be rare achievements, they should all be tuned as such. And if they should be common, they should all be tuned as such.

A defensive player getting one sack, vs a quarterback bombing it 40+ yards 5 times ... that's not of equal occurrence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 11:02 PM   #16
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

In my opinion they’re doing this all wrong. Instead of super abilities for short term, they should do less drastic improvements over long term, like how Tecmo Super Bowl used to do player status (Excellent, good, average and bad I think).

So players will go on hot streaks that chain a couple of games together (e.g., Steve Young, in the second half of 1994 when he finished the season and playoffs with a 32:3 TD/INT ratio), or get in a confidence destroying rut (David Akers 2012, where he was consistently missing easy field goals and played he worst football of his career).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »