Home

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #233
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I thought I read a post where someone had simmed several years ahead in the beta and there were a lot more x-factors/SS players than original started with.

For those that played the beta, do you have any concern that a few years into a franchise, there could be to many x-factor players leading to unintended consequences such as gameplay imbalance, signing/cap issues, etc?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app

This has been one of my big concerns to, with their no longer being dev decreases I just don't see how they're going to balance it. I was in the beta but I only ended up simming forward a year in franchise, unfortunately I was much busier than expected the weekend it was live and didn't have as much time as I would have liked. I ended up spending most of the time I did have playing games because I really wanted to test it on the field.

Personally though I'm hoping that the franchise mode that was in the beta was just dumbed down for the beta or basically just 19 repackaged with a stripped down version of the scenario engine and the new menu layouts. I'm hoping they've made more changes than what we saw in that beta that they just weren't ready for us to test. I'm also hoping that the scenario engine works more like how they initially described it vs what we saw in the beta.

I guess my point is going back to the x-factor/SS devs I really hope they have a good way to keep it balanced but the beta franchise mode seemed dumbed down so I don't know how accurate it is if people did some simulation to test it. I think on this one it'll be a we'll just have to wait until the full game drops to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #234
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I enjoyed the x factors from what I played. Actually had to scheme around playmakers for once. For the most part they felt balanced & not over powered. Improving game play & making every team feel different is a nice step forward.
Playing the beta I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the x-factor abilities. I was nervous going in because EA sports and balanced gameplay usually go together like oil and water especially with new features. But I thought they did a good job by making it hard enough to get in the zone and easy enough to take someone out that it had a nice balance. It definitely added a huge fun factor for me and another layer of strategy having to make sure I knew where my opponents stars were on the field at all times.

The only x-factor ability that I wasn't a fan of was Aaron Rodgers gambler ability. The fact that he CAN'T be intercepted by CPU defenders is imo stupid. They should change it to it greatly reduces his chance of being intercepted by CPU defenders. To quote a tweet I read on Twitter from Brian that runs the site Pastapadre "As While I really like the X-Factor feature for Madden 20 sadly some of the abilities have fallen into gimmick territory. Rodgers doesn't throw picks cause he doesn't put the ball in danger, not cause he has some mojo that lets him get away with bad passes."

Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #235
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

I was disappointed on a few things regarding Franchise mode in Madden 20.

Another year with the same old faces in Franchise !

Kills my immersion so much seeing the same headshot faces, especially after EA showed a new face creator for this face of franchise thing. I really thought it would be in Franchise mode and was really excited for it....until I played the beta and is was the same old faces.

Another year without a Franchise History section !

Sure there are ways around it, like saving a file at the end of the season... but why do I have to do this ? In Franchise mode don't you want to have statistical data, a history of the franchise you are playing in.... is that not the point of playing a franchise ?

Other little things...

Like showing the team name that a player was on per year on their stat cards. (It is in the main menu when viewing rosters)

Why I still cant use the period when editing names . . . . . . ?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #236
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Playing the beta I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the x-factor abilities. I was nervous going in because EA sports and balanced gameplay usually go together like oil and water especially with new features. But I thought they did a good job by making it hard enough to get in the zone and easy enough to take someone out that it had a nice balance. It definitely added a huge fun factor for me and another layer of strategy having to make sure I knew where my opponents stars were on the field at all times.

The only x-factor ability that I wasn't a fan of was Aaron Rodgers gambler ability. The fact that he CAN'T be intercepted by CPU defenders is imo stupid. They should change it to it greatly reduces his chance of being intercepted by CPU defenders. To quote a tweet I read on Twitter from Brian that runs the site Pastapadre "As While I really like the X-Factor feature for Madden 20 sadly some of the abilities have fallen into gimmick territory. Rodgers doesn't throw picks cause he doesn't put the ball in danger, not cause he has some mojo that lets him get away with bad passes."

I appreciate where Pastapadre was coming from, but Rodgers doesn’t throw picks because he’s the best thrower of the football we’ve ever seen. It’s not just because he throws the ball away. Both of these passes are from last season when Rodgers only threw 2 INTs, the one against Detroit was thrown directly against Slay who was covering Davante like a blanket. Both of these passes were completed. Most QBs wouldn’t dare to throw these passes. Rodgers doesn’t have some mojo to get away with bad passes, he just has an ability to make passes most QBs can’t, and that is what EA is trying to replicate. He hasn’t thrown multiple INTs in a game since Dec 2017, and before that it was Nov 2016. The last time he threw INTs in consecutive games was 12/27-1/3 in the 2015 season, it’s kind of ridiculous really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-27-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #237
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Very Disappointing to hear... Another weak attempt by EA.

Do they not get that they are loosing money by not making a good Franchise Mode? That is all I and some others I know play. And I keep passing on Madden because of the lack of effort from them.

If I do decide to buy since I don't have a current Gen version, it will be because 2 of my Favorite players are retiring or close to and want to play with them on Madden 1 more time. (Heard D Sproles was working out with D Brees recently).
Old 06-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 0

They need just replicate Madden 08. It was the perfect game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #239
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I appreciate where Pastapadre was coming from, but Rodgers doesn’t throw picks because he’s the best thrower of the football we’ve ever seen. It’s not just because he throws the ball away. Both of these passes are from last season when Rodgers only threw 2 INTs, the one against Detroit was thrown directly against Slay who was covering Davante like a blanket. Both of these passes were completed. Most QBs wouldn’t dare to throw these passes. Rodgers doesn’t have some mojo to get away with bad passes, he just has an ability to make passes most QBs can’t, and that is what EA is trying to replicate. He hasn’t thrown multiple INTs in a game since Dec 2017, and before that it was Nov 2016. The last time he threw INTs in consecutive games was 12/27-1/3 in the 2015 season, it’s kind of ridiculous really.
This seems like something that the accuracy rating should be able to replicate. Whether it's through the default rating or through an ability, Rodgers should just have the best accuracy.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #240
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I was disappointed on a few things regarding Franchise mode in Madden 20.

Another year with the same old faces in Franchise !

Kills my immersion so much seeing the same headshot faces, especially after EA showed a new face creator for this face of franchise thing. I really thought it would be in Franchise mode and was really excited for it....until I played the beta and is was the same old faces.

Another year without a Franchise History section !

Sure there are ways around it, like saving a file at the end of the season... but why do I have to do this ? In Franchise mode don't you want to have statistical data, a history of the franchise you are playing in.... is that not the point of playing a franchise ?

Other little things...

Like showing the team name that a player was on per year on their stat cards. (It is in the main menu when viewing rosters)

Why I still cant use the period when editing names . . . . . . ?
Very disappointing. Can't believe it's the same faces again and can't use the face creator in franchise. Takes the fun from custom draft classes and other things. Madden has by far the worst franchise mode of all the sport games. NBA2k is decades ahead. Wish they would just copy their features...

Last edited by dvdsaba; 06-28-2019 at 12:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »