Home

Do you guys ever play using the On The Field Volume setting?

This is a discussion on Do you guys ever play using the On The Field Volume setting? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2019, 01:09 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Just wondering if you guys have ever played a game on Madden 19 with just the on the field and crowd volume? I just played two games that way and its really refreshing and feels like a different experience altogether tbh. You hear all the player chatter and what feels like more crowd noise, it’s pretty immersive. Try it out sometime, might get a little bit more playing time out of 19 this way, while we wait for 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 02:12 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do you guys ever play using the On The Field Volume setting?

First thing I do when I get the game is turn off the commentary
Old 06-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
First thing I do when I get the game is turn off the commentary

I don’t think the commentary in the game is bad, but I feel like hearing all the player chatter and the sounds of tackles, especially on big hits, really immersed me into the game.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I don’t think the commentary in the game is bad, but I feel like hearing all the player chatter and the sounds of tackles, especially on big hits, really immersed me into the game.

Due to the new WOOSHHHH sound effect, the on field audio is cartooney as ever.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

I turn off commentary and then pa to 100 and your right made a huge difference, if your at a real game, unless you have ear buds in ya ear on your phone or have a pocket radio your not hearing commentary anyway.

But by doing this setting you here the refs, the pa announcer calls the game, you here the hits of the players, really makes a difference.

By me using classic rosters they'll call the.names of some players
but if your playing with example Bernie Korsar and you doing a drive and as much as I love my team, i really dont wanna here about baker mayfield.

I was looking through the forums and I seen someone talking about it and said I'd give it a try, glad I did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 08:57 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
I turn off commentary and then pa to 100 and your right made a huge difference, if your at a real game, unless you have ear buds in ya ear on your phone or have a pocket radio your not hearing commentary anyway.

But by doing this setting you here the refs, the pa announcer calls the game, you here the hits of the players, really makes a difference.

By me using classic rosters they'll call the.names of some players

but if your playing with example Bernie Korsar and you doing a drive and as much as I love my team, i really dont wanna here about baker mayfield.

I was looking through the forums and I seen someone talking about it and said I'd give it a try, glad I did.

It will be even better in 20 too, because the PA announcer now will say all the players actual names instead of “#___”.

Hopefully they do get rid of that “woosh” sound on throws, I know in the beta feedback forums it got quite a bit of comments to get rid of it.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It will be even better in 20 too, because the PA announcer now will say all the players actual names instead of “#___”.

Hopefully they do get rid of that “woosh” sound on throws, I know in the beta feedback forums it got quite a bit of comments to get rid of it.

Yeah, I think the audio is still lacking in 19. I’ve always done an on the field audio, and I just don’t hear enough. However, when I put on a headset with Dolby atmos, the crowd sounds much better. But, I think what I notice most in M19 and prior maddens when I play with the audio like this is that chatter and PA announcements are lacking. Meaning, there just aren’t enough of them or they just didn’t record enough, imo.

Now, the 20 beta sounded fabulous, imo. I heard all kinds of chatter and the pa announcer is more active. I still think the crowd could sound better, but there were some ‘whooooos’ and whatnot from the crowd. I’d like to hear more noise on 3rd downs in away games and whatnot, but 20 sounded so much better and varied than 19.

I actually do like Gaudin and Davis and think they’re the best team madden has ever had. And, while people may complain about repetitive lines, this is almost impossible to do right in a video game. The amount of hours they record is pretty large and overall, I still enjoy their commentary. I turn commentary on to about 67 I think in the audio settings. It’s enough to hear it, but I still feel like I’m ‘on the field’ with other settings at 90-100.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I prefer the on-field and PA sounds to be 100. I want the on-field experience, not the in-stands or on TV experience which I can have any Sunday.

I am curious about this whooshing sound of the ball being thrown. I do not recall a sound that was obnoxious. Objects make a sound when pass throw the resistance of air. QBs make sounds when they throw a ball (grunts), arm motion (uniform material). I would have to hear the sound again, but I would rather they keep sounds in if the source was from a real-life action.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-24-2019 at 10:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »