Home

Five Dangerous QB-WR Combinations in Madden NFL 20

This is a discussion on Five Dangerous QB-WR Combinations in Madden NFL 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Five Dangerous QB-WR Combinations in Madden NFL 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. The animations seem random, regardless of either player's height. Kinda create the illusion that height matters more than it actually does. However, when it works, it does look nice.

On the topic at hand, any mobile QB is gonna make a great duo with a speedy receiver.
Well hey, the reality is sometimes real NFL players fail to use their height. As a Cowboys fan I know all too well how Dez would often not sky up to use his height but when he did he usually could get it.

So that's how I look at it. With that being said, Madden could have it happen a little more often for players who do it in real life more often.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #26
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The Browns don’t have an above average running back to force an opposing defense to bring an extra defender in the box[...]
I stopped reading right here. Chubb averaged 5 YPC in a split backfield, and so did Duke in his limited carries. Add Kareem Hunt to the mix if/when he comes back from suspension, and they actually have two ridiculous backs to split carries that will force the defense to stack the box.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I stopped reading right here. Chubb averaged 5 YPC in a split backfield, and so did Duke in his limited carries. Add Kareem Hunt to the mix if/when he comes back from suspension, and they actually have two ridiculous backs to split carries that will force the defense to stack the box.
Yeah I have no idea what NFL that guy is watching...that and his comment about the bad Browns defense, esp its atrocious Browns secondary...lol...whatever

BTW - definitely NOT a browns fan in any way shape or form but I live in Ohio so I am well aware of that team..j/s

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-06-2019, 12:58 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
Yeah, I've had them too, but I'm pretty sure it's just an pre-determined animation that plays out sometimes because it has been shortly followed up with the smaller corner going up over Jimmy as well.
It's not predetermined. You trigger it by aggressive catching. The AI will do it for you (sometimes) if the receiver has the appropriate trait.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Height does give an advantage. I created a thread on it with a video soon after the thread about height not mattering was released by SGO. Of course the thread saying height didn't matter got 100's of posts and my video showing height did give the player an advantage got less than a handful of posts.

Height could matter more and animations could be cleaned up because some of them were ugly the way they looked with some of the height differences. However height 100% did matter to a degree, but I would like to see it matter a bit more and for the animations to be of higher quality for those situations. I'm not a fan of the majority of the WR/DB 2 man animations. They all look like something made for a video game and not to replicate something you see on Sunday. Half the tackle animations are the same way. The animations in the beta were smooth and flowed well, but they don't look authentic, real NFL tackles.

I'm getting off topic now.

― Plato
Old 07-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #30
MVP

Enough misinformation gets posted about the game that clearing up these sort of misconceptions is a good thing, imo. The game literally has a height threshold. Tall receivers/defenders have a larger library of catch animations. Stating that "height doesn't matter" isn't even a matter of opinion, it's an outright lie.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
In Madden Hollywood Brown and Lamar should be the top combo lol

To much speed to account for l

Eh lets let Brown play a NFL game first. Not to mention the Browns have 2 corners alone with the speed to keep up with Brown and then some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #32
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
So two QB - WR combos make this list that have exactly zero connections in their history lol. Yeah we know Beckham is good but he has never caught one pass from Mayfield and maybe they don't have chemistry. Who knows til we see it. Just a bit premature for this article I'd say.
Madden does not factor in any chemistry between players so its hardly premature for the article to name some of the most highly rated QB/WR combos. There's not much else to go off of.

Sent from my SM-J336AZ using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »