Home

Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #753
Rookie

NickyJay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

Generic QB cadences are better than they used to be in 19, I hated the high-pitched voices for all the rookie QBs. The ones in 20 are deeper, not so painfully noticeable. But they did something terrible. They took out Alex Smith's cadence.

Alex Smith would probably make a terrible squad leader in the military, but I'd join his squad just to listen to that voice yell at me..... And Madden 20 took it out. I want a refund.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #754
Rookie

Chubzdoomer's Arena

Is anyone else's team on Face of the Franchise NOT kicking field goals in blatantly appropriate situations?

Time and time again I've driven way down the field, either into or close to the red zone, only for 4th down to come and go as if my coach tried to go for it and failed.

What the hell is happening here? The AI can't be this broken... can it?

EDIT: Wow, I just lost a close game due to this horrible bug. The score is 14-16... I put together an awesome drive and get us inside the 25 yard line... I can't punch it in on 3rd down, so the game just ends abruptly as a "loss" for us. We never even tried to kick the easy game-winner. Unbelievable.

I will not be touching Face of the Franchise again until this is patched. It is completely and utterly broken.

Last edited by Chubzdoomer; 08-06-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:02 AM   #755
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I know MUT is not real popular here , but I do enjoy the solo challenges and building my team. I played it right up until last week in Madden 19. I also like the fact that challenges are set to different modes , some Arcade , Competitive , and some Sim. There are also different difficulty levels. Last night this happened , granted it's on Arcade but it was still wonky. I kept diving at the ball carrier with different players but he would not go down. Also he wasn't running , he was jogging.

Last edited by JMD; 08-07-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #756
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubzdoomer
Is anyone else's team on Face of the Franchise NOT kicking field goals in blatantly appropriate situations?

Time and time again I've driven way down the field, either into or close to the red zone, only for 4th down to come and go as if my coach tried to go for it and failed.

What the hell is happening here? The AI can't be this broken... can it?

EDIT: Wow, I just lost a close game due to this horrible bug. The score is 14-16... I put together an awesome drive and get us inside the 25 yard line... I can't punch it in on 3rd down, so the game just ends abruptly as a "loss" for us. We never even tried to kick the easy game-winner. Unbelievable.

I will not be touching Face of the Franchise again until this is patched. It is completely and utterly broken.
Yes. I've noticed that as well. It baffled me a few times, I thought maybe they just went for it or the block was kicked (havent played enough games to see a trend). But now I think the same thing was happening that you're experiencing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #757
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I know MUT is not real popular here , but I do enjoy the solo challenges and building my team. I played it right up until last week in Madden 19. I also like the fact that challenges are set to different modes , some Arcade , Competitive , and some Sim. There are also different difficulty levels. Last night this happened , granted it's on Arcade but it was still wonky. I kept diving at the ball carrier with different players but he would not go down. Also he wasn't running , he was jogging.

Wow that looks terrible.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #758
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

In the words of the late Bernie Mac... "that's some BULLLLLLLLLL"
Old 08-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #759
Rookie

tjd211's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
It's simple, this game was not ready to be released. Too many what is going on moments. Especially, fumbles and clock management.

Although the game does have great potential to be the best madden we've ever seen in about 15 years.

If the patches fix a handful or so of certain issues then I will say it by far has the best gameplay of any Madden ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I honestly believe the reason they started releasing the game a month early is to use this time as a test/beta phase so they can use the public to find all of the bugs in the game. Because this happens every year.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #760

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd211
I honestly believe the reason they started releasing the game a month early is to use this time as a test/beta phase so they can use the public to find all of the bugs in the game. Because this happens every year.

Disagree. Wasn't that what the beta test was for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »