Home

Pass Coverage is STILL so broken

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage is STILL so broken within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #81
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Coverage is STILL so broken

Then in real life, here is a safety out of position and gets sucked into a missed tackle and ultimately fails big time at his job which is to defend against the big gains.

At about the 2:02 mark begins the play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington...kId=2768774442

I can imagine if this play happened in Madden there would be complaints about poor AI etc. But theses things happen in real life.

I am not saying there is not an AI issue, I am merely pointing out that I think people can expect perfection and when it doesn't happen in a video game it is blamed on programming. There is a catch 22 in coding these real-life mimicking games.

I try to look at it as, if it is a believable outcome, then so be it.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 07-26-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 7

Has anyone tried maxing both pass defense sliders for CPU/Player on All Madden level? That's what I'm doing now. Man and zone coverage seem very solid to me. But I'm not deep into
X and O's, at least to the point where I'm capable dissecting every nuance and play. I understand sim players want the most accurate, realistic, and strategic game of videogame football. So do I. After all, we are heading into the year 2020. With that said, EA knows their audience consists mostly of casual and competitive players. Sure they listen to our forums to improve the game's simulation aspects. In the end though, it always comes back to the dollar. What makes money for them are those majority of players I mentioned. The sim player is the minority. Unfortunately, that's the reality. EA isn't going to lose much money if only a small percentage of their fan base are football gurus. Do game developers care about them? I think they do. Ultimately though, their bosses care about their bottom line. If that means less resources and time to develop a more complete sim experience, so be it. I blame the executives, not the developers/programmers for that philosophy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #83
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

On All Madden I raised Human Reaction Speed to 70, Pass Coverage to 80, and I lowered CPU QB accuracy to 30 and Pass Protection to 1, and the game plays more realistically for me.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Has anyone tried maxing both pass defense sliders for CPU/Player on All Madden level? That's what I'm doing now. Man and zone coverage seem very solid to me. But I'm not deep into
X and O's, at least to the point where I'm capable dissecting every nuance and play. I understand sim players want the most accurate, realistic, and strategic game of videogame football. So do I. After all, we are heading into the year 2020. With that said, EA knows their audience consists mostly of casual and competitive players. Sure they listen to our forums to improve the game's simulation aspects. In the end though, it always comes back to the dollar. What makes money for them are those majority of players I mentioned. The sim player is the minority. Unfortunately, that's the reality. EA isn't going to lose much money if only a small percentage of their fan base are football gurus. Do game developers care about them? I think they do. Ultimately though, their bosses care about their bottom line. If that means less resources and time to develop a more complete sim experience, so be it. I blame the executives, not the developers/programmers for that philosophy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You would think tho, with how big the competitive scene is, they would want the basics of their game to work properly. Although, the comp scene is nothing but a hot route fest that probably covers up a lot of those issues. But still, the fundamentals of the zone coverages would likely appear in the comp games wouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 4

Man coverage is a disaster currently

https://streamable.com/vbg8z

Should be able to fix once we can mod but stuff like that OTB is insane
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Then in real life, here is a safety out of position and gets sucked into a missed tackle and ultimately fails big time at his job which is to defend against the big gains.

At about the 2:02 mark begins the play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington...kId=2768774442

I can imagine if this play happened in Madden there would be complaints about poor AI etc. But theses things happen in real life.

I am not saying there is not an AI issue, I am merely pointing out that I think people can expect perfection and when it doesn't happen in a video game it is blamed on programming. There is a catch 22 in coding these real-life mimicking games.

I try to look at it as, if it is a believable outcome, then so be it.
I want to see blown overages, they happen every game IRL. I just don't want them to be the norm.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I want to see blown overages, they happen every game IRL. I just don't want them to be the norm.
I want to see blown coverages also but I also want star players to perform at high level consistently.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #88
Rookie

Haven't played the demo so,I have some questions regarding how bump and run coverage is and how it effects man to man coverage in this year's Madden. I know it is a gamble to utilize bump and run but,if a CB successfully bumps a WR off his pre play planned route,it should make the man coverage have a better chance of being successful. Is it that way in Madden 20? Plus,if you bring up the CBs who are in zone coverage closer,shouldn't that decreas the cusion that the WRs have to exploit?

Also,in an earlier post about how easy it now is to dink and dunk your/CPU way down the field,someone used Josh Allen as an example of how an inaccurate QB (to be fair to Allen,he throws deep passes well) is able to continually complete 5-10 yard passes. Isn't that better than allowing Allen to complete 40+ yard passes and long tds to Cole Beasley all game long. Seems to me that stopping the Bills from scoring on some those dink and dunk drives,putting up points and chewing up clock myself gives me a better chance of winning rather than Allen throwing 50 yard td passes every time he touches the ball and me being down 35-10 at half-time does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »