Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #841
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Year 2 of my Oakland Raiders franchise, currently sitting at 2-0. First game was against the Jets. We won in Overtime after pinning them at the 1 yard line from a punt, and stuffing LeVeon Bell in their own endzone.

2nd game was against the Bills, who eliminated us out of the Wild Card playoffs last year. We got decimated in that game with us allowing over 500 yards of offense. This was a retribution game.

Ended up winning off of a pick six, allowing us to go up by 14 going into the 2 minute warning. They scored a touchdown before the end of the game, making the final score 31-38.

Zay Jones is on a contract year, and looking for an extension. I'm trying to save as much cap room as possible, because next year Carr's contract is up, along with Rodney Hudson, and I believe a few other key players.

I saw Coutee on the trade block from the Texans, and with him being younger, cheaper, and 2 years remaining left on his current contract, I'm trying to generate interest from other teams in by putting Zay Jones on the trade block to make room for Coutee.

Next up is the Chiefs who is sitting at 0-2. Looking to continue their losing streak going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #842
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I’m in Year 3 of a Panthers rebuild. Started from the 5-7 mark in year one. My records so far:

2019: 5-11
2020: 2-14
2021: 7-1

I ended up with the #5 pick in the 2020 draft. I traded Cam for a 2nd and a 3rd. I then dealt #5 overall, that 2nd rounder, and RT Taylor Moton to the Redskins to move up to #2 overall. Drafted Chase Young there, and picked up Brycen Hopkins in the 2nd. Also picked up a replacement at RT in Darin Paulo in the 5th who had a 1st round grade. I also picked up SS JR Reed in the 4th who stepped right in on defense.

After a dumpster fire 2021 season I let Kyle Allen go into free agency and drafted Trevor Lawrence at #1 overall. He was my only real notable pick in 2021 as a lot of my picks were depth to offset future losses.

Thus far in 2021, we’ve won 4 games by 3 points or less. We could just as easily be 3-5 instead of 7-1. We also have perhaps the weakest schedule in the league. But a great year of progress nonetheless.

Chase Young has 12.0 sacks as a rookie and has 13.5 halfway through this year. Christian McCaffery also leads the league in rushing.

I dealt DJ Moore to the Eagles for a first round pick at the deadline. He’s leading the NFL in receiving touchdowns, and in line for a big extension that I didn’t want to give him. He gives Carson Wentz a legitimate #1 WR.

I’ll have some big departures this off-season. I plan on franchise tagging and then trading McCaffery (I don’t like extending backs, plus he gets hurt 2-3 times a game). I’ll lose Gerald McCoy, Kawann Short, Trea Turner, and Tre Boston off the top of my head. But I’ve made some depth moves in FA and the draft to where I’ve got young guys ready to play behind them, and I need to save as much money as possible with the extensions I’ll have coming up.

In around the league news:
- Jerry Jeudy has been the best WR in the league since he got drafted by the Redskins. He won Best WR and led the league in yards last year, and is leading this year too.
- The Steelers drafted Justin Fields at #3 overall last year and he’s gone 7-1 for them. Stud.
- Joe Burrow led the Bengals (!!!) to the division title in his rookie year.
- other notable QB carousel results: Jalen Hurts starting in TEN, Tua in MIA, Justin Herbert in NE, Jacob Eason in OAK, Derek Carr in CHI, Jordan Love in LAC, Teddy Bridgewater in NO, Cam Newton in TB, and Jake Fromm in MIN.
- Coaching carousel news: Ron Rivera to the Browns, Jason Garrett to the Giants. Doug Pedersen got fired in Philly after year 2 and went to Jacksonville. Doug Marrone got fired after year 1 in Jacksonville and after sitting out a year took over for Andy Reid in KC.
- The Chiefs won the Super Bowl 16-14 over the 49ers in Year 1. Mahomes threw for 250+ and 2TD and won SBMVP
- The Giants (!!!) won the Super Bowl 49-24 (!!!) over the Browns (!!!) in Year 2. Barkley ran for 130 yards and 4TD and won SBMVP. New Giants head coach Jason Garrett not only won a SB in his first year, he beat the Cowboys 31-28 in the NFCCG to do it. Also notable: Rivera took the Browns to the SB in his first year too.
- MVP’s so far: Lamar in year 1, Josh Allen in year 2.

Last edited by Sportsbuck; 12-15-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #843
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

2021 Bengals

We beat the Steelers, 28-26 and the ageless Roethlisberger threw for just over 400 yards on our defense. Lock threw for 4 TD's but also 3 INT's. AJ Green is finally having a top NFL receiver type of season. He's 2nd in total yards and 4th in catches.

We have a 5 game winning streak and sit at (5-2) on the season.

Next up we finally head back home to face the (4-3) Ravens.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #844
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

2021 Bengals

We crush Baltimore, 41-7 as Lamar Jackson threw 4 picks. Heading into the BYE week are in 1st place at (6-2) with a 6 game winning streak.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #845
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Just lost my rookie starting HB for five weeks over a groin.

I'm new to current gen Madden, I have a question: how do the injury and fatigue sliders work? Lower means fewer or more energy?

Fumble slider, does lower mean less or more fumbles?

Thank you all for your help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #846
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Just lost my rookie starting HB for five weeks over a groin.

I'm new to current gen Madden, I have a question: how do the injury and fatigue sliders work? Lower means fewer or more energy?

Fumble slider, does lower mean less or more fumbles?

Thank you all for your help!

For fatigue and injury higher number means more. For fumbles high slider means less fumbles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #847
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
For fatigue and injury higher number means more. For fumbles high slider means less fumbles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #848
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

2021 Bengals

What a game against the (8-0) Kansas City Chiefs! We manage to win, 27-24. Lock was not very good with 4 INT's but Joe Mixon ran for 229 yards.

We have won 7 in a row and sit at (7-2).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »