Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2020, 11:06 PM   #1041
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

I’m five years in to my Bears franchise and my #1 wishlist item for Madden has now become deep historical stat tracking. I’ve had five years of dominance by my defense and it would be nice to compare how my defense has done year to year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #1042
Banned

OVR: 0

So since my Skins chise got corrupt. I’m running with the Chargers with basically a compete but not rebuild approach. I changed schemes from my power run dominant approach with the Skins and I am running my custom 2x2 spread book revolved around a dual threat QB and Tyrone Taylor is perfect while I eventually draft my franchise QB. I traded both Phillips and Gordon. Ultimately the plan is to have both Bosa Boys on the same defensive line. Just bidding my time to make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #1043
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’m five years in to my Bears franchise and my #1 wishlist item for Madden has now become deep historical stat tracking. I’ve had five years of dominance by my defense and it would be nice to compare how my defense has done year to year
Playing NBA 2K more often recently and this is one thing they definitely do well with that series. It drives me crazy that they don't even at the very least track the past super bowl and season award winners. I would also like to see them track the division standings at least a few years back so you can get a sense of recent history of division battles. Something so small like better historical stat tracking would add so much to franchise mode for me. Right now once you advance to a new season it almost feels like any of the previous seasons in your franchise never happened, there's no sense of history.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #1044
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
The MIA Dolphins are 4-4 at the mid point of their 2026 season.
Just looking back through my posts in this thread. I really went through 8 CFM seasons with this game before starting a new CFM. I've NEVER gotten that many seasons deep in a CFM before. Guess now that things are settling down, I'll start up another one.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #1045
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

2020 Lions

We win at home, 34-23 to move to (14-0). Up next we head to New Orleans to take on the (8-6) Saints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #1046
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It's roughly equivalent to real life demands, but they increase as time goes on just like it will in the future in real life. Depends on ratings, dev trait, age. I'd use https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/ if you're looking to get an idea of most real life demands. Look for the highest contracts and that's about what you can expect and then just expect some inflation as time goes on. I think Mahomes asked for like 40/yr.

Roughly this is what you should expect at some of the main positions for an elite talent:
  • QB- $30-40/yr
  • WR- $20/yr
  • Edge Rusher- $18-22/yr
  • CB- $15-20/yr
  • Safety- $10-14/yr
It's all about need though. You're gonna go higher for guys you really want. Jaire Alexander (94 X-Factor) got to FA in my current franchise and I gave him $100 mill over 5 years because he is 100% worth it.

QB's ask for a ton. Way more than I'm willing to pay. It's realistic, but too much for me. I always draft my backup somewhere between the 3-7th rounds. That way they're making around $1 mill/yr compared to the $10-20 mill/yr you're going to pay an aging veteran free agent with a mid 70's rating.

Thanks for the list. What about bonuses ?

On a side note, i dont think I have ever felt the effect of a bad offensive line in any madden as in this madden. I really love it, but its also frustrating. It really shows how important they are, when I was younger I disregarded that line
Old 02-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #1047
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Hey all, looking for a team recommendation for Franchise, using the preseason roster. Rebuild would be preferred, but not against playing with a team that may be good now, but in a couple of years would have some interesting roster decisions to make.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #1048
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Hey all, looking for a team recommendation for Franchise, using the preseason roster. Rebuild would be preferred, but not against playing with a team that may be good now, but in a couple of years would have some interesting roster decisions to make.
I always recommend the Lions right now. While I always do one with them since they're my home team, I love seeing what others do with the team. They have some talent, but lots of questions as well. Stafford is aging and will probably need to be replaced soon, or at least start looking for his replacement. The offensive line isn't that great. Defensively you have Slay and Flowers, with good complimentary pieces in Hand, Robinson and Kennard. Definitely need to improve the pass rush and get someone to man the other half of the field. Jarrad Davis isn't the leader in the middle of the field you need either, so a good linebacker is needed. The safety's are aging as well. There's questions as to whether or not the replacements are on the team already.

If not them, you can also look to the Giants, Cardinals, Dolphins, or Bengals. Depends on what kind of rebuild you're looking for in all honesty. Want a team that has a quarterback in place that you can build around? One that has nothing and you have to rebuild from the ground up?

Teams that are good now that you may have to make choices down the line with could include the Rams, Chiefs and Eagles as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »