Home

Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

This is a discussion on Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
Honestly I love basketball and football so Madden and 2K are must pick ups every year.

NBA 2k is great and all but when it comes down to Franchise mode and what not, its not that great. Its broken at times and the modes have been barely updated since the 2K's on Xbox 360. Its been disheartening to a point. Granted their base franchise mode is better detailed than madden -- Madden's Franchise mode is almost as good as 2K. Its easy to poop on Madden and not 2K as thats been the norm for years but it certain aspects the argument is false in terms of 2K being far superior to Madden.

Then you compare other modes and its comparing apple to oranges. You just cant compare the my player, park modes and Rec center to anything in Madden because Football does not have anything to compare except for maybe for My player.

Madden is at fault for its lack of individuality and creativity, they could make training camps and other things like that but I guess they are content with whatever they are doing...
Game is amazing, but I have to run the Franchise mode to get it where I like and I am too old for that.

Now I love they give me that option, but I’m almost 40 it’s a little too much work
Old 07-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
Honestly I love basketball and football so Madden and 2K are must pick ups every year.

NBA 2k is great and all but when it comes down to Franchise mode and what not, its not that great. Its broken at times and the modes have been barely updated since the 2K's on Xbox 360. Its been disheartening to a point. Granted their base franchise mode is better detailed than madden -- Madden's Franchise mode is almost as good as 2K. Its easy to poop on Madden and not 2K as thats been the norm for years but it certain aspects the argument is false in terms of 2K being far superior to Madden.

Then you compare other modes and its comparing apple to oranges. You just cant compare the my player, park modes and Rec center to anything in Madden because Football does not have anything to compare except for maybe for My player.

Madden is at fault for its lack of individuality and creativity, they could make training camps and other things like that but I guess they are content with whatever they are doing...
Strong disagree.

I'm about to start a new myleague for the 2019 season. I have all the tools to make that happen, including editing coaches, their philosophies/tendencies, rotations, and the actual plays they run.

I'm working on tweaking harden and Westbrook to reflect how I think they will play together.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way for me to do this in madden as coaching and tendencies are non-existent.

I played against Russell Wilsonand he didnt scramble once. I tried to make some edits and there's absolutely no way to adjust this.

Then there are sliders for trade frequency, trade value, free agent value, quality of draft classes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #35
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I truly feel 2k is a game where the developers have endless creative freedom gameplay wise, but EA has stricter limitations when it comes to what they can and cant do. With EA its always we tried, or we wanted to, or we just couldn't get too this or that this year maybe next year. Terms like this show us the developers really aren't the ones in control more so the higher ups. But who knows EA has a bundle of sports games they make every year and 2k only has NBA maybe that also has something to do with it.

I'll never figure out how the NHL and Madden series are so dramatically different when both are EA games. Sure, we're talking about different development teams but c'mon, there needs to be some kind of common ground. Anyone that has ever played the NHL series in recent years and sees the level of immersion in franchise mode and then you look at Madden where it's a bare bones franchise mode. WTF man? Not just that, but look at the create-a-team features in NHL compared to Madden. It's unbelievable.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #36
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Each game/company has different priorities. It is as simple as that. Madden could have a franchise mode as deep and detailed as 2k's if they were give the greenlight to do so by the higher ups. Unfortunately that is not what happens, obviously.

2k simply puts the offline modes higher up on their priority list. It has nothing to do with talent, laziness, etc. One company puts the resources into franchise-like modes, the other does not put near as many.

That excuse would be valid if it weren't for the franchise mode of the NHL series. But when you look at franchise mode of the NHL series there's absolutely no reason that the Madden folks can't have that kind of a franchise mode.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I'll never figure out how the NHL and Madden series are so dramatically different when both are EA games. Sure, we're talking about different development teams but c'mon, there needs to be some kind of common ground. Anyone that has ever played the NHL series in recent years and sees the level of immersion in franchise mode and then you look at Madden where it's a bare bones franchise mode. WTF man? Not just that, but look at the create-a-team features in NHL compared to Madden. It's unbelievable.
I agree. I hear this constantly brought up when it comes to how deep the NHL series is compared to Madden which is under the same umbrella of EA Sports (although different development studios) .

It has been said that the reason NHL is so flushed out compared to Madden is because the sport of hockey isn't nearly as popular (globally) as football. So EA Canada has to go all out in their game in order for it to sell. Whereas Madden on the other hand knows the game will sell regardless based on it being the only current NFL football game available.

Although NHL hasn't had any direct competition since 2K stopped making their hockey game, the bottom line is NFL football is king & EA Tiburon knows it...Therefore they can continue to make incremental improvements & string us along every year using the excuse that they didn't have enough time or resources smh.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 07-29-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #38
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
I played against Russell Wilsonand he didnt scramble once. I tried to make some edits and there's absolutely no way to adjust this.

Same for me with Wilson. NO scrambles but he ate me up throwing so he didn't need to scramble and I could get zero pressure. That is the issue again this year. CPU to much time to throw.

On the other hand Lamar scrambled on me about 4 times for 20+ yard runs. I could pressure him up the gut but he caught me in man coverage and took off and big yards for him.

The pressure thing has my frustration level at about a ten. Especially with Geno Sacks and not seeing him dominate the way he should.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #39
MVP

young22's Arena

2K on the court sucks. It's never brought up, but they do not improve gameplay year in year out. It's not fun anymore, and it sure as hell isn't realistic.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-29-2019, 04:54 PM   #40
Pro

Suits with dress shoes VS. Suits with Jordans.

That's honestly the best way I can describe the direction of each game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »