Home

Edit Player & Superstar X-Factor Development

This is a discussion on Edit Player & Superstar X-Factor Development within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1
Edit Player & Superstar X-Factor Development

Does anyone know how to determine which X-Factor abilities go to a specific player?

So I've been messing around with the edit player in CFM to see if I could "give" players X-Factor abilities, primarily in the later years in Franchise mode where a draft class comes in.

To test this out, I took control of Lamar Jackson on the Ravens, who had the "superstar" trait, but wasn't an X-Factor. By switching his development to Superstar X-Factor and then moving his Overall to 90, I was able to have him gain the Freight Train ability (a la Cam Newton).

Here's the thing though - what if I wanted Cam to have a different QB X-Factor ability? What about for upcoming QBs in the draft? Does changing their "QB style" in Traits do anything? I switched Lamar's to "balanced" versus "scrambling" and still had freight train.

Would love to hear anyone else's experience!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

Re: Edit Player & Superstar X-Factor Development

I have no idea. I wanted Tyreek Hill to get the RAC zone ability instead of Double Me but he gets that one instead every time when I change his development to X-Factor. There really should be a way to edit these at least in the main menu.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallace17
I have no idea. I wanted Tyreek Hill to get the RAC zone ability instead of Double Me but he gets that one instead every time when I change his development to X-Factor. There really should be a way to edit these at least in the main menu.
See, that totally makes sense! And that's something I questioned during the announcement of whether they'd let us set these ourselves in Franchise. Pushing me towards the PC version if they come out with a roster editor there
Old 07-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes I been waiting for someone to mention this. Making Rosters, draft classes Ect Ect. This is a big problem we should be able to change this. I was starting a players only CFM league me and some other guys. And we thought we could pick our abilities and XFactor base on our archetype. Nope it’s random. Would love this to be patch so we have the power to edit. Be nice if we could get a Dev to tell us if this will change in the future?
Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Making a player Will EA give us guid or formula. Let’s say as a scrambling QB what makes it so my QB has freight train vs first one free? Any attributes or is it random?seems after playing around with its random. I made a bunch of scrambler QB archetypes and it seem 1 out of 8 times. I can get escape artists abilities and to me this is the best Running QB ability there is!

Last edited by Allball76; 07-30-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

I’m picturing Kyler Murray with Freight Train now lmao
Carolina Panthers
Old 08-03-2019, 12:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Only slight work around I found is you can edit the player to be just "star" development so they lose their abilities, then exit the editor, go back in and change them back to x-factor superstar. The it will randomly generate their abilities again. It's not perfect but it does change them around a bit and you can keep trying until you get a layout closer to what you were wanting.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:23 AM   #8
Rookie

I also seems you can only have 3 x-factors on the field at a time. I have a QB, HB, TE and WR with Xfactor and it doesn't act like my WR is an x factor player which is a bummer as you get deeper into franchise and develop more players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »