Home

Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #297
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips

I'm pretty sure there's an element of randomness to those breakout scenarios. You can't just trigger them at will.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #298
Just started!

New here to cfm. I have Kamara about to be 90 ovr and this will unlock his 2nd ability slot. Hes currently 89 receiving back and 89 elusive.

If i choose to use the skill point on Elusive to be 90 ovr, will his 2nd ability slot be an ability tied to the elusive archetype?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #299
MVP

OVR, archetype, and specific ratings act as gatekeepers. Although I'm pretty sure players who are SS on the stock rosters always get the same abilities. The dice rolls don't kick in unless you got someone upgraded through a breakout scenario or you drafted someone with a trait.

Pretty sure Kamara gets Matchup Nightmare and Backfield Master regardless of what you do. The only thing to be worried about is that spending the skill point on an off-archetype upgrade may not raise his OVR, so you might have to earn another one if you get unlucky.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #300
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Hahaha, as it stands can I just copy&paste my guide for M21 as right now it's basically a patch?

I've said in other threads that I'm not a day 1 purchase unless there is a decent road map put together for Franchise changes. I'm on the fence with a "wait and see" approach but just a heads up that a M21 thread will be delayed if that happens.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #301
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Hahaha, as it stands can I just copy&paste my guide for M21 as right now it's basically a patch?

I've said in other threads that I'm not a day 1 purchase unless there is a decent road map put together for Franchise changes. I'm on the fence with a "wait and see" approach but just a heads up that a M21 thread will be delayed if that happens.
I'm with you. If there is little or no change to Franchise, I'm not purchasing M21 at all; instead, I'm going to get a computer good enough for M20 and just use Sabo's mod. The fact that Franchise has been stagnant on this generation is ridiculous. I understand the direction they're trying to go with QB1, and I give them props there, but I'd be willing to bet more people put more time into "Classic Franchise" than QB1/Face of the Franchise/Longshot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2020, 04:24 PM   #302
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Online leagues hide a lot of issues. You have 32 gms making smart decisions and if you can find a sim league that does extras (like mock drafts, league news etc) you can feel it has depth... But it's a big time commitment.

My league mate swears by madden on pc with mods if you're going to run a solo franchise. I've also gone back to Madden 12 for a franchise fix and Madden 18 with flazko's personal sliders and getting great gameplay (imo 18 is the most "ok" of the 13-20 series... M20 has promise but I couldn't get it to play right yet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.hunt1376
I'm with you. If there is little or no change to Franchise, I'm not purchasing M21 at all; instead, I'm going to get a computer good enough for M20 and just use Sabo's mod. The fact that Franchise has been stagnant on this generation is ridiculous. I understand the direction they're trying to go with QB1, and I give them props there, but I'd be willing to bet more people put more time into "Classic Franchise" than QB1/Face of the Franchise/Longshot.
Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #303
Rookie

sloanrobe's Arena

How can I make my QB faster in franchise mode WITHOUT editing him? If I run with him during games, can that help increase his speed? Other suggestions?
Old 07-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #304
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanrobe
How can I make my QB faster in franchise mode WITHOUT editing him? If I run with him during games, can that help increase his speed? Other suggestions?
As far as I know, the only way is to upgrade his "Scrambler" archetype, and even then, it's a crap shoot whether you'll get a SPD rating upgrade. If you want a faster QB, your best bet is to either draft one or trade for one, as it'll be tough to raise a specific rating (SPD) for any player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »