Home

Injury Slider Help

This is a discussion on Injury Slider Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #1
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0
Injury Slider Help

Am I setting the sliders incorrectly?

Let's say they are set at 40 for example. Anything less than 40 lowers the chances of an injury right? Where as if I did anything over 40 I'm increasing the chances of an injury?

Or am I doing it backwards? I thought lowering any number decreases the injury chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Injury Slider Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
Am I setting the sliders incorrectly?

Let's say they are set at 40 for example. Anything less than 40 lowers the chances of an injury right? Where as if I did anything over 40 I'm increasing the chances of an injury?

Or am I doing it backwards? I thought lowering any number decreases the injury chances.
That is correct, lowering it decreases the chance of injury. It's a probability factor for "play by play" Tackling and Blocking interactions based on player INJ. If you play longer quarters you need a lower injury slider as you're playing more plays.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
That is correct, lowering it decreases the chance of injury. It's a probability factor for "play by play" Tackling and Blocking interactions based on player INJ. If you play longer quarters you need a lower injury slider as you're playing more plays.
Thanks for replying! I've thought so. I lowered mine I'm my league due to so many injuries and the the very next season week a chunk more of guys were lost for several weeks. We do the standard 6 minute quarters.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Definitely need to lower these in first 3 games of franchise. I lost Brandon Cooks 6 weeks, Gurley 8 weeks, Gerald Everett 8 weeks and my back up running back Henderson for 7 weeks 2 games after losing Gurley. Game hates offensive players
Old 08-18-2019, 03:57 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

We use a slider of 40 for 10min quarters and 14sec runoff. We have guys play around 60snaps on offense each. Still in the process of refining that but it's enough to keep guys honest if up big, or overusing a player (lowered fatigue). I think the slider influences sim injuries too (it has in previous maddens).

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »