Home

Walking to the line of scrimmage

This is a discussion on Walking to the line of scrimmage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Walking to the line of scrimmage

It just looks awkward to me. Especially when the CPU has a falsestartbefore before they've had a chance to get set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #26
Pro

I'm not a fan of removing the walk up to the line. As a matter of fact, I hate it. I don't know how you're suppose to make defensive calls with the limited time, especially when the cpu goes hurry up.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #27
MVP

Walking to the line of scrimmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Speeds the game up and the walk up took too long.
With the new pre-snap QB animations they put in, I really don’t find it faster at all. Maybe a second or something, but it’s hardly much different. You’re just trading one thing (the walk-up) for another (the qb animations).

Personally I wish we had both. Then maybe an option to disable one or both.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Exactly.

At first just the idea of it bothered me, but after awhile I was cool with it. Only issue is the no-huddle vs. the CPU. There is NO time to pick a new play much less think about one.

To the OP, I guess a counter could be to set your Audibles up beforehand, and when they go into a no-huddle then all you have to do is press a single button...but even then you would have to do it right away. Otherwise you must burn a TO to stop them. I was stubborn in my last game and got torched on 5 straight no-huddle plays for a TD. It happened so fast, LOL. In one hand I was ticked but on the other hand I was happy because the CPU was doing this to me with under 2 minutes late in the 4th when I was up 7. So late game CPU AI isn't always broken. It may be just broken for when they are down 3 points or less. They just always go for TDs, even when all they need is a FG to tie or win.
Care needs to be taken in no huddle situations when calling defensive audibles. For instance, if you are playing zone and audible to man coverage, the CPU will snap the ball before your defenders have a chance to get into position to play their assignments. The hurry-up as is present is ridiculously fast and does not come close to simulating the actual situation.

I'm over the fact that the walk-up was removed. It was likely done in order to appease the competitive crowd, as well as for making it quicker to trim and upload video clips. I can understand and live with that. However, the way the no-huddle offense is being represented is simply poorly implemented. 3 more seconds need to be added in order for the defense to have a realistic chance to adjust. After all, it takes almost no time at all for the CPU offense to present itself at the line with it's next play already called.

Last edited by edgevoice; 09-08-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

another thing that shows bias to offence. i play code mode and i highlight the fs to use LB for cpu control (or they could fix that). 8 times i have to press B to get there on first play, 9 times after that. then i have to adjust to what i see. im getting old i havent got l33t stick skillz and thats why i play coach mode offline cfm only. we used to have the camera behind the defence but we dont have that. they have changed the hot pad controls after 2+ years which means i make mistakes. why cant i set up all coach adjustments as default outside of a game? ie conservative etc.
its not a surprise on default all pro most qbs are 275+ yards against me.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #30
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
The older I get I tend to enjoy presentation aspects I use to skip. Breaking the huddle and scanning the formations was something I liked. Especially liked on third and short it would show the linemen approaching the LOS from the side. These were the things I felt should be expanded on but o well.
But the leave in the pylon cam, which only gives you a cool view of the play 30% of the time lol
Opposite here. I can't jam the buttons fast enough to bypass the pure presentation stuff. It's neat watching it once, maybe. Then it's just precious seconds being wasted watching the same canned animations over and over and over.

Don't get me wrong, I do like all the tickers and stat overlays though. They're pretty great. I just want raw speed between plays and volumes of content/information jammed in on the fly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »