Home

Whats Your Scheme

This is a discussion on Whats Your Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Whats Your Scheme

I'm a fan of the Shanahan offense. I love the wide zone base with the PA boot game, which offers the ability on most plays to take a flat, an intermediate, or a deep shot. The system is amenable to several QB archetypes, and provided the OL and TE are optimized for the system, it can be very challenging to stop.

When the OL is prioritized, the backs don't have to be elite to be effective, and I also like that the design of the PA boot game means that the WR also don't have to be elite. You can have possession or speed guys and they can get you chunk plays in that PA game.

The trick, it seems to me, is to assemble the OL and TE necessary to establish the run game and provide a spark in the boot game.

I think this system appeals tome for its simplicity and its ability to work with JAGs at several different spots, making it cap friendly.

On D, I'm a huge fan of conservative zone defense, and I'm not married to either front, though the 43 is my current front. I would rather make my opponent earn scores and have fewer splash plays on D than play a more aggressive, blitzing D that produces more sacks and turnovers.

Essentially, I'm trying to win schematically via a strong run game and a BDB D, both of which work together to limit opponents' possessions and to shorten the game.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #10
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0

I've actually just started making playbooks and a few weeks ago I created a playbook using sets from both the Chiefs offense and the Niners offense but what I seem to run into the most is having TOO many plays to choose from in any particular playbook. I'm using the Bills in my franchise and while Josh Allen is laughably inaccurate, I enjoy throwing the ball even though I seem to be better at running it. So I've decided to go with a basic approach and have been doing sole reading up on vertical zone running schemes. I came across a few articles that explained how Peyton Manning used to run his Colts offenses and it intrigued me enough to try and replicate that best I can. I'm going to try and implement this particular scheme, although I dont plan on using the hurry up as much as he did. I like the challenge of trying to audible my way into the right play but what this really comes down to is having the right personnel and I dont think the Bills are quite there yet especially on the offensive line. I already have my sets picked out so now its just about creating the book and seeing what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #11
Rookie

zkiesel's Arena

As a Ravens fan, our playbook in the game this year really doesn't come close to what we ran IRL. So I went back and charted every game from 2019 and created a playbook based on that. Tons of pistol, tons of option. I've played a few games with it and it's been the most fun I've had since NCAA 14. Gonna be testing it out a few more times before hopping into franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I'm running a Multiple Zone Run scheme using the Dolphins default playbook. Vertical Zone Run is a better scheme fit with my team but I'm waiting to draft my A+ throwing power QB before I switch.
Im in Year 2 with the dolphins rebuild, and switched to the Vertical Zone Run. Runs the playbook so much better. I even switched to 3-4 disguise for defense and have been very impressed building around Wilkins, McMillian, Baker, and Parker.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 02-04-2020, 08:06 PM   #13
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Im in Year 2 with the dolphins rebuild, and switched to the Vertical Zone Run. Runs the playbook so much better. I even switched to 3-4 disguise for defense and have been very impressed building around Wilkins, McMillian, Baker, and Parker.
Same thing I run w NYG! Vertical zone run and disguise 3-4.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
Same thing I run w NYG! Vertical zone run and disguise 3-4.
What playbook on offense?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #15
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Loving the Panthers Offensive Playbook right now. I like a spread offensive with good running options and that's exactly this playbook. Great selection of runs, both inside and outside, and a lot of Shotgun plays for the pass game.

I always run a 4-3 D. Usually the Eagles, but I've been loving the Seahawks playbook lately. I always run heavy Cover 3 out of Nickel so finding playbooks with some good variations is key for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #16
Banned

I’ve crafted and dare I say perfected my Spread scheme. I call it DEMON. I scout, sign speed everywhere. If I can get it at QB, perfect. If not, I can mold the system to any QB. Because of RPOS.. The more speed. The better. I run 10 personnel but because Madden has literally one 2x2 10 personnel formation (ugh) I must have a flex TE which make its basically 11 personnel and get the ball rolling. I believe in simplicity. Some may call it cheese but I believe in it’s not what you do, but HOW you do it. I am in 2x2 all the time. So a defense will get the same base look every snap. My passing game is all mirror concepts, mixed in with air raid concepts. I attack what’s open. If it’s one in the box, inside zone. If it’s 2... RPO/Zone read. if it’s one high safety, 4 verticals. If the opposition is fearing the inside run because were gashing the light box, they leave a flat open so I run my curl flat concept. It’s very basic football. I attack grass and numbers. My change up is a 3x2 set where I can still have mirror concepts on one side and trips on the other. I don’t have any trip formations in my playbook because it’s not my style, but I will send my slots in frequent motion to create a 3x1 if my pre snap read is a bit cloudy. Simplicity and because I come out in the same formation, I’ve seen it all which makes me way more multiple than the opponent thinks. I typically have counters for the counter because I’m stubborn and married myself to one formation football which allows me to continue to build on it. Ironically a defensive minded coach gave me this idea; Pat Nurduzzi (formerly MSU and now PITT) because he believe in one formation football defensively with his 4-3 Cover 4. In retrospect, it makes sense. Keep it simple. Play faster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »