Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 09:03 PM   #105
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here

Yea the CPU ran all over me my first game after latest patch too. I found it tough to run myself which I liked . It seemed to easy to run before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 11:20 PM   #106
Rookie

BleachYourWork's Arena

Still seeing sliding before a team celebration.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: New Title Update going live at 11am est

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pitbull
Can anyone confirm this is working correctly?
I played an exhibition game yesterday and the CPU used their timeouts at the end of half. Used 1 with 8 seconds left and kick a fg. So it does seem better.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #108
Pro

CPU seems to be using their timeouts better, but the play calling is still an issue.

They'll run the ball with the clock running down instead of passing, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #109
MVP

Their two minute drill game plans are horrific. If they no huddle you it's the same play again 99% of the time.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
CPU seems to be using their timeouts better, but the play calling is still an issue.

They'll run the ball with the clock running down instead of passing, etc.

My belief is that this is being caused by two factors; Some playbooks do not appear to have fully installed gameplans. This can be easily checked by going through the playbooks for yourself. Also, the CPU appears to be handling what should be a 2 minute situation, ie scoring urgency, as if it were a 4 minute grind out the clock situation. When playing the BETA, I was surprised to find that when I had the ball under two minutes, my installed 2 minute gameplan actually came up as it should. Upon receiving game at launch, this was no longer the case, as the 4 minute situation appeared instead.

As an offline franchise guy, I understand why EA focuses it's attention on online modes. It's more profitable and I get that. However, it's a bit of slap in the face to have this issue not resolved for those of us who mostly play vs CPU.

I can accept and deal with all the rest of franchise mode's short-comings. However, while I am reluctant to use the term "gamebreaking", this qualifies as such for me. Making it more frustrating is the fact that, with my slider set, the game is otherwise playing really well for me. Therefore, as in real life, my games are often coming down to the wire. That should be a good thing, yet it isn't.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #111
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
My belief is that this is being caused by two factors; Some playbooks do not appear to have fully installed gameplans. This can be easily checked by going through the playbooks for yourself. Also, the CPU appears to be handling what should be a 2 minute situation, ie scoring urgency, as if it were a 4 minute grind out the clock situation. When playing the BETA, I was surprised to find that when I had the ball under two minutes, my installed 2 minute gameplan actually came up as it should. Upon receiving game at launch, this was no longer the case, as the 4 minute situation appeared instead.

As an offline franchise guy, I understand why EA focuses it's attention on online modes. It's more profitable and I get that. However, it's a bit of slap in the face to have this issue not resolved for those of us who mostly play vs CPU.

I can accept and deal with all the rest of franchise mode's short-comings. However, while I am reluctant to use the term "gamebreaking", this qualifies as such for me. Making it more frustrating is the fact that, with my slider set, the game is otherwise playing really well for me. Therefore, as in real life, my games are often coming down to the wire. That should be a good thing, yet it isn't.
True. That makes sense

How do I check mine and the CPUs gameplan?

Is that something I put in place myself if i want it to appear for myself in franchise?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #112
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
True. That makes sense

How do I check mine and the CPUs gameplan?

Is that something I put in place myself if i want it to appear for myself in franchise?

Checking gameplans can be easily done by going into each team's, including your own, playbook. From there, simply select "gameplan" and scroll until you see 2 minute situation.

I've included a link to post as to how to build custom playbooks and gameplans for users if you're interested. However, when in 2 minute situations, you will often have to back out of suggestion-run-pass playcall boxes and call plays by formation.

Building gameplans for the CPU and using the 2nd controller workaround won't remedy this issue, since the CPU will still not select these plays in 2 minute situations, as it appears they are handling it as 4 minute offense. That situation unfortunately is not able to be altered or copied.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...all-guide.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »