Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.16 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.16 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #81
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.16 Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
Yawn. Still no 5th year options, trade demands, or holdouts, all of which have been promised. Just a bunch more dev trait scenarios. Woo hoo.

Oh, I love the "Win One For The Veteran" scenario: "Under certain circumstances in Coach Mode, a team decides to rally around a veteran leader in the playoffs"

Because in real life, NFL players decide to shun veteran teammates as they enter the playoffs. Really, what's the other option with this scenario? Can I tell my roster NOT to rally around a veteran?
I think with the veteran one its just a reason to keep some vet's on the team. I think a lot of us tend to cut vets as soon as they hit a certain age or start to regress. So giving a scenario that might entice you to keep one around is cool. But overall, I am so disappointed in the scenario engine and the scenarios they have chosen to add. It's already somewhat easy to get dev trait increases, so to add nothing but more of those seems bad. I wish they would add some negative scenarios that can cause a player to lose a dev trait. Give me something negative, the NFL isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Just wondering: What kind of benefit did Boyle receive?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I selected to have Aaron work with him on his throw on the run accuracy and he got a boost to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #83
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I think with the veteran one its just a reason to keep some vet's on the team. I think a lot of us tend to cut vets as soon as they hit a certain age or start to regress. So giving a scenario that might entice you to keep one around is cool. But overall, I am so disappointed in the scenario engine and the scenarios they have chosen to add. It's already somewhat easy to get dev trait increases, so to add nothing but more of those seems bad. I wish they would add some negative scenarios that can cause a player to lose a dev trait. Give me something negative, the NFL isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
Except no one is cutting veterans when the playoffs are starting.

EDIT: One of the scenarios promised back in April was close to what you are suggesting though. Choosing a young player over a veteran, leading to the veteran getting upset.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #84
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I selected to have Aaron work with him on his throw on the run accuracy and he got a boost to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, we know that's not realistic. We all know Aaron isn't mentoring anyone.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #85

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Lot of work went into this patch. It's evident as soon as you load the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #86
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New title update coming today at 11am est, the one we’ve been waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Yes I'm kind of hoping that the scenario engine update that they hinted at last month calling them "living league" scenarios is coming in a separate update. If this update is what they were hinting at I'm disappointed. The way they were referring to them as "living league scenarios" I thought this update would include things like 5th year options, contract holdouts, trade requests etc.... but instead we just got new breakout scenarios. I don't mind the new breakout scenarios but would like to see new ones that can have a negative impact to your team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's definitely wishful thinking. Hopefully in the next game or two we get that.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 0

I know this is going to sound like nit-picking, but can someone explain why they can't update team draft picks for offline franchise? Between the weekly roster update and these occasional title updates, I don't think it's too much to ask for offline franchise to get correct draft picks without having to manually do it every time you start a new franchise (updated rosters, etc).
Old 10-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #88
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm hoping plenty of the scenarios have been fined tuned. Being challenged to hold Tom Brady to <150 passing yards and 0 TDs is ridiculous.

I once had Ty Montgomery complain about a lack of being involved, the next game he had 14 catches for 100+ yards but he still expressed his anger after the game; clearly the engine only factors in rushing yards.

I had another one for Robby Anderson that was along the lines of "get 5 catches and 100+ yards" and I wound up with 8 catches for 99 yards and he was pissy after the game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »