Home

4 minute offense bug?

This is a discussion on 4 minute offense bug? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
4 minute offense bug?

I've recently adopted the cpu vs cpu gamestyle and focus on building a team long term with my own playbook game-plans. Anyway, I've ran into a bug where my team will go into a 4 minute offense and run nothing but a hb draw. I've seen it happen when down one score late in the 4th ofc, but Ive also seen it happen when down two scores in the 4th (10+mins left), and early in the 3rd when down by 3+ scores. I've tried to remove the play from my playbook but it says that is the last play in the 4 minute offense gameplan. Since there is no 4 minute gameplan you can change, I assume it's tied to the playbook I initially started with?

Anyone know what causes this? It can probably be fixed by just making a new playbook but I'm always adding and removing formations so i'd like to know how to avoid it if possible.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 10-11-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 4 minute offense bug?

That's just how tue CPU offense operates. I've had several games where the CPU will run the clock out on a final drive when down by one score. This usually happens on the final drive not necessarily in the last 4 minutes though.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
That's just how tue CPU offense operates. I've had several games where the CPU will run the clock out on a final drive when down by one score. This usually happens on the final drive not necessarily in the last 4 minutes though.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Huh? Bad AI playcalling isn't the issue. The issue is, the CPU goes into "4 minute offense" as if the custom book had that as a gameplan. When it goes into that mode (I assume it is hard coded to make the AI play faster to try to win when down big or late in the 4th), it's only calling one play over and over. It activated with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd once when down 3tds. It ran hb draw until it went into the 2 minute gameplan in the 4th.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 10-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
I've recently adopted the cpu vs cpu gamestyle and focus on building a team long term with my own playbook game-plans. Anyway, I've ran into a bug where my team will go into a 4 minute offense and run nothing but a hb draw. I've seen it happen when down one score late in the 4th ofc, but Ive also seen it happen when down two scores in the 4th (10+mins left), and early in the 3rd when down by 3+ scores. I've tried to remove the play from my playbook but it says that is the last play in the 4 minute offense gameplan. Since there is no 4 minute gameplan you can change, I assume it's tied to the playbook I initially started with?

Anyone know what causes this? It can probably be fixed by just making a new playbook but I'm always adding and removing formations so i'd like to know how to avoid it if possible.
Sorry to tell you that there is no remedy or workaround for this issue. You would simply be wasting your time as the 4 minute offense cannot be removed nor copied to. I continue to see this issue rear it's ugly head at times during the game where the 2 minute situational playcalling should trigger.

As a user vs. cpu player, gameplan playcall is vastly improved this year. However, as a result of this issue, I'm often relegated to calling plays by formation during the final 2 minutes of a half.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Sorry to tell you that there is no remedy or workaround for this issue. You would simply be wasting your time as the 4 minute offense cannot be removed nor copied to. I continue to see this issue rear it's ugly head at times during the game where the 2 minute situational playcalling should trigger.

As a user vs. cpu player, gameplan playcall is vastly improved this year. However, as a result of this issue, I'm often relegated to calling plays by formation during the final 2 minutes of a half.
I kinda figured that was the case. I don't mind it going into that mode, I just wish I could add more plays. The AI is terrible in that situation because I assume the AI defense goes into a version of that mode where it calls plays mostly designed to stop pass or big yardage plays. When it happens they never call anything designed to stop a run and the hb draw just marches down the field.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 10-11-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »