Home

Franchise mode, teams declining?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode, teams declining? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #9
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise mode, teams declining?

Tdawg’s xp sliders should help with this problem.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 11-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

XP sliders can't fix the fact that AI clubs will start low 80s SPD safeties due to their OVR.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #11
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I agree with the two posters who said it is poor AI roster and resigning logic, as well as poor AI development of Rookies. The AI often lets rookies with good potential rot away while, never earning solid starter XP, usually just behind a poor potential player slightly higher in OVR on the depth chart or an aging vet.

You really start to notice it when lots of real life players reach or pass age 29. That’s when auto regression kicks in, and when it becomes very noticeable how poor the AI really is. That’s why people usually notice it around 5-7 years.

I doubt much will change, franchise mode has been like this for years. Online competitive and MUT is all they care about now. I just don’t think EA bothers to test franchise that many years into the future, and they never update the mechanics or stadiums or relocation options or anything.

TDawgs XP sliders do help though, they don’t fix underlying AI management issues, but they help for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #12
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Same, I just went 16-0 and I am about to head to my 5th consecutive Super Bowl. I switched teams form the Bengals to the Texans around year 6 and ever since then the OVR for the team has never dropped below 80 while the rest of the league is stuck in the 60s/70s. The only other 80s team is my old Bengals team who I play in the Conf. Champ. every year lol.

I'm also using T-Dawg's sliders and I increased some draft players OVR/Dev. to get some competition in the league from other teams but it barely did anything. Records are rarely broken as well, Zeke and Brees are the only ones who've became number 1 career record holders and i'm currently in year 2034. Mahomes, Julio & Hopkins are the only ones who've broken into the top 10 record list for a season.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:22 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

They need some sort of “upside” rating that the cpu can factor in when setting depth charts so that they’ll choose to play guys with a lower overall if it is better for the long term development of the team
Old 11-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
They need some sort of “upside” rating that the cpu can factor in when setting depth charts so that they’ll choose to play guys with a lower overall if it is better for the long term development of the team
That’s exactly it.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #15
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it 1,000 times: As long as progression is based on production, this mode will rot from the within the further you get.

Players need to progress independently of stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 12:46 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
Same, I just went 16-0 and I am about to head to my 5th consecutive Super Bowl. I switched teams form the Bengals to the Texans around year 6 and ever since then the OVR for the team has never dropped below 80 while the rest of the league is stuck in the 60s/70s. The only other 80s team is my old Bengals team who I play in the Conf. Champ. every year lol.

I'm also using T-Dawg's sliders and I increased some draft players OVR/Dev. to get some competition in the league from other teams but it barely did anything. Records are rarely broken as well, Zeke and Brees are the only ones who've became number 1 career record holders and i'm currently in year 2034. Mahomes, Julio & Hopkins are the only ones who've broken into the top 10 record list for a season.
Yeah I may try infusing some talent...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »