Home

Passing is so different in 20

This is a discussion on Passing is so different in 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Passing is so different in 20

I am having the hardest time passing this year. Did EA take lead passing out and replaced it with these 5 new throws? I am throwing the ball no where near the spot I want it to go. My Wideout is wide open at times and still throws it no where near him. I have tried different quarterbacks and found that slinger 2 is the quickest release throwing animation so far. Even if I wait for the icon to become undimmed and light up I am still throwing the ball wildly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Passing is so different in 20

I've noticed passing is different in Madden 20, but in a very good way. I can throw over the top to my receivers, before, it would throw the pass in a straight line leading to more interceptions. This year the pass is in an arc and I've had great throws that I can dump over the defender or at least give my receiver a chance to climb the ladder over a shorter defender.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
I am having the hardest time passing this year. Did EA take lead passing out and replaced it with these 5 new throws? I am throwing the ball no where near the spot I want it to go. My Wideout is wide open at times and still throws it no where near him. I have tried different quarterbacks and found that slinger 2 is the quickest release throwing animation so far. Even if I wait for the icon to become undimmed and light up I am still throwing the ball wildly.

I've noticed two things with passing

(1) There truly is a difference between an elite passer and the non elites. I don't think you necessarily see these differences on a crossing pattern but you definitely see the differences on out patterns.

(2) You indicated that the QB misses the WR's badly. I wonder if you are not timing your throws. Related to my first point, if you have a bad QB (he doesn't even need to be bad... just one of those non elite QBs... and you throw too early or two late, the pass will be off. IE... if your RB is running an angle route and you throw too soon, that pass will be way off.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy

3 big tips.

Learn to use the low pass. I have not gotten proficient with all of the passes. But the low pass is really key. It will prevent a lot of ints. Just got watch a YouTube video or read a “how to” real quick. It will save your life when all you need is to convert of a 3rd and 3-5 yards.

Bullet pass has a lower completion level rate but it’s harder to pick off, and your less likely to have the defenders play volleyball and tip into an int. On 1st and 2nd downs I almost always throw bullets since I don’t have to take risks.

Look at height match ups. If you have a TE that’s got 6 inches on a CB. Use the high pass. It’s almost as effective as having a WR with a huge speed/release advantage.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
MVP

Passing has changed dramatically. Trajectories were altered, THP was re-balanced, and there is a slew of accuracy abilities now.

What sort of accuracy ratings and abilities have you had on the QBs you are using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

It's is a little bit different. I actually think its easier. Especially since EA has nerfed the defender to just stand, stop, & watch the receiver catch the ball right in front of them most of the time on lobs in the secondary.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 11-18-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Trajectories and throw power are much more realistic this year and you can actually get a lot of balls over the LBs who used to be able to superman leap and pick those in previous Maddens. Now the flip side to that is you can't fit the ball into tight windows in between two zone defenders like you used to be able to because the ball takes longer to reach its designations. Same for routes cutting to the sideline, you cannot throw those late.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Anyone have any tips on long balls? Getting over the top? I never seem to be able to drop them into a receiver accurately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »