Home

Madden has a serious player vs CPU problem

This is a discussion on Madden has a serious player vs CPU problem within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #25
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden has a serious player vs CPU problem

The game seems rigged. Almost like a script of a b rated movie . It’s to make it more interesting. The reward feel this game had on past games that relied on skill and not a storyline, is long gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The game seems rigged. Almost like a script of a b rated movie . It’s to make it more interesting. The reward feel this game had on past games that relied on skill and not a storyline, is long gone.
I wouldn't go that far when you can manipulate outcomes with a controller in your hands.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's just not gratifying or satisfying. There's certain plays and concepts that are essentially guaranteed success. Crossing routes, stretch plays, drags, etc that if you use it just feels like a hollow victory. But eliminating these limits your playcalls so much. It's not fun. CPU defenses need a boost. I want to feel like I won a chess match, not beat a brain dead CPU that is easily taken advantage of or worse being unsure if I made a great playcall or read or Madden happened?

I just want satisfying gameplay that feels rewarding.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
While it would be rather foolish of me to suggest that sliders fix everything, I've been having very challenging games against the CPU using them. While 12 yard dig routes and stretch runs are still somewhat "user friendly", I don't feel like anything is absolute money in M20.

As for your chess match comment, I could not possibly agree with you more. While improved since launch, clock management, playcalling, gameplanning and tempo is often poorly implemented by the CPU. I would love to see this area overhauled, (no ribbon on a pig here), going forward. I want to feel the CPU adjust to whatever I am doing on offense or defense. While I use a custom gameplan and call plays situationally, I would like to see the CPU make adjustments in an attempt to shut me down. At present, I often don't even see the CPU match their #1 corner against my #1 wide receiver.

Not only did M20 fail to deliver in this area, removing the walk-up makes it extremely difficult to near impossible to utilize the defensive pre-play adjustments. How great would it be if the CPU would sugar their defensive look at times, such as show blitz, and then bail out. There are so many improvements that could be made to make the user vs. cpu play more of a challenge.

Being that this game is almost exclusively designed for H2H play, EA simply doesn't have a sense of urgency to expand in this area. Attention given to this mode of play would be greatly appreciated. Rather than trying to come up with new gimmicks or game modes, I hope this eventually becomes a priority.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #28
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wouldn't go that far when you can manipulate outcomes with a controller in your hands.
Maybe. But if a computer wants to win a game,. It will win the game regardless of what you do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That’s how I feel when I have the ball on my opponents goaline. If I call a run I get an all out goaline blitz no matter the formation, but if I audible I get an easy TD pass
Is this on All Madden? It used to be, and may still be, that playing this or NCAA on All Madden or Heisman led to this happening constantly. It was very easy to test. 3rd and 5 and you pick a 4-wide run play and they'll still load the box each time. If you called a pass they'd call dime or dollar.

On All Pro or All American the CPU wouldn't do that nearly as often. I'm not sure if they called their defense based off of your tendencies or just RNG based off of the situation, but it was 100% not as consistent and as obvious as it was on the higher levels with them knowing your playcall and making it easy to exploit via audibles.

― Plato
Old 02-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Maybe. But if a computer wants to win a game,. It will win the game regardless of what you do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Perhaps. I just don't see the CPU mount comebacks as much as in the past because I use the tools within the game to combat that in user vs CPU games.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Is this on All Madden? It used to be, and may still be, that playing this or NCAA on All Madden or Heisman led to this happening constantly. It was very easy to test. 3rd and 5 and you pick a 4-wide run play and they'll still load the box each time. If you called a pass they'd call dime or dollar.

On All Pro or All American the CPU wouldn't do that nearly as often. I'm not sure if they called their defense based off of your tendencies or just RNG based off of the situation, but it was 100% not as consistent and as obvious as it was on the higher levels with them knowing your playcall and making it easy to exploit via audibles.
It’s on all pro, specifically when I’m at my opponents 3 or closer. They come out in a goaline defense 100% of the time I call a run no matter the formation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #32
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Madden has a serious player vs CPU problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Perhaps. I just don't see the CPU mount comebacks as much as in the past because I use the tools within the game to combat that in user vs CPU games.

I’m not saying all the games on madden 20 are rigged but sometimes I get the feel an advantage or disadvantage algorithm happens more prevalently than I’ve seen in awhile . Mind you I’ve seen this before on past sports games. In nba2k12 there is a little problem . It’s nearly impossible to win a game on the road. I noticed it more playing friends than cpu . Sliders was the only solution for me. I remember playing 20 games against a friend and we played 10 games at home and 10 games on the road. I only managed 1 win on the road. The point I’m making is that the game can be altered behind the scenes without you knowing specifically what is causing it. As I look back at NBA 2K 12 I can’t even tell you why I lost all those games but I basically the rim and the net was a lot more friendly to the home court user. Thats basically what it is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »