Home

NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive License

This is a discussion on NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive License within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some people so badly want a simulation product that they enjoy playing that they can't fully admit or understand that the NFL couldn't care less about the things that they hate about Madden.

The checks clear and EA isn't damaging the brand. Now many here really feel in their hearts that stuff in Madden like Punter as your QB player winning the MCS, sub par player movement, lack of and poor blending of animations, simple, easy access, player agency driven Franchise mode, Et al. does somehow reflect poorly on not just EA but the NFL as well for not mandating that the game be deeper and more realistic. For the NFL however these video games shortcomings(as perceived by the fan base as it relates to other sports game makers) are of no consequence. Don't show players getting concussions or being bad citizens and you're good to go.

We'll probably never know now, but I was actually thinking that if 2K did get to make a sim football game in 2022 or 23 they would not have a Franchise mode. Card modes and gameplay would be their selling points and they would do obscenely well. A lot of folks here would be overcome with cognitive dissonance though.

I’m not sure where this logic comes from. They don’t do this with NBA 2K so why would we assume they would do it with Madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #74
Pro

Re: NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive Li

If EA paying a billion dollars for exclusivity
If I was the nfl I would say match it to any company

It’s not like EA gon say no. Madden makes too much money for them to petty

But the nfl has to ask ea why is nfl losing to nba in terms of sales? It should never happen

The Super Bowl/playoffs get more ratings than damn near all the nba national TV games combined. I’m asking EA is the younger demo falling off on playing your game? olike wtf is the reason a hoops game is selling more than our product

Last edited by Quentin32; 05-23-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:56 PM   #75
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
If EA paying a billion dollars for exclusivity
If I was the nfl I would say match it to any company

It’s not like EA gon say no. Madden makes too much money for them to petty

But the nfl has to ask ea why is nfl losing to nba in terms of sales? It should never happen

The Super Bowl/playoffs get more ratings than damn near all the nba national TV games combined. I’m asking EA is the younger demo falling off on playing your game? olike wtf is the reason a hoops game is selling more than our product
That could become an issue only if sales begin to dip significantly or microtransactions are forced out of the game. Otherwise, I think the fact that they've agreed to a partnership with 2K signifies that they want more market share (in the overall video game market). In particular the younger gaming audience that EA/Madden may not be reaching (no data to verify that opinion). Yet, they don't want to "disrupte" their current relationship with EA (too much money involved).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 05-23-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
That could become an issue only if sales begin to dip significantly or microtransactions are forced out of the game. Otherwise, I think the fact that they've agreed to a partnership with 2K signifies that they want more market share. Yet, they don't want to "disrupte" their current relationship with EA (too much money involved).

If it’s one thing I know. The nfl wants to be number 1. Getting 2 billion(hypothetical) from 2 companies rather than 1 along with micros would make up for any lost sales. I just wishing for the best lol
Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #77
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
If it’s one thing I know. The nfl wants to be number 1. Getting 2 billion(hypothetical) from 2 companies rather than 1 along with micros would make up for any lost sales. I just wishing for the best lol
Agreed, but they are a bunch of "good old boys" - only money and profits matter not "games" for "kids" - led by a commissioner that has pushed exclusivity with most broadcasting, licensing or sponsorship partners (Nike, Pizza Hut, DirecTV, EA, Bud Light [I think]).

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 05-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #78
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I’m not sure where this logic comes from. They don’t do this with NBA 2K so why would we assume they would do it with Madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not make a franchise mode you mean? because the franchise mode in NBA 2K has evolved over the years, from a time where it was more significant to their sales. It already exists in their NBA product and it wouldn't make much sense to rip it out. They can add to it here and there without investing much.

If you're making a brand new green field simulation sports game today, like 2K would with any NFL sim game, then I really don't know if offline franchise gets enough attention to even make the cut. It might exist in some basic form. But starting from 0, there is no way it gets much attention with online, meta games etc taking so much developer attention away to appease larger more micro-transaction friendly audiences.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 PM   #79
Rookie

*I have* bought and played Madden football games* *since* the very first one.* *I've bought* many Madden football games over the years but* when I buy them now* (sometimes)I wait for* one that's on sale* or used because the improvements from year to year* *are minimal at* best.* *Madden in my opinion,* should be* light years* ahead* of any football game past , present* or future* but many people still* prefer* NFL2K5* * or* *get* their* football* fix* elsewhere.* Exclusive deal with the NFL* makes Madden* *winner by* default* , not* because of their innovation.* I prefer NFL2k5 which has its flaws also but if given the same amount of time that Madden has hade with the exclusive NFL license I believe 2k* would have* given Madden* a run for digital football* supremacy .* * * I believe both can co-exist because* football fans would* have choices. In my opinion, no company should have exclusive* rights because* competition* should make* developers produce* a better games* *and* gamers can have a variety of choices.* Madden vs 2k, Nba 2k vs NBA Live etc. it doesn't matter which one you prefer as long as* you choose* to* buy one, both* or none.*

Old 05-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #80
Rookie

I think many of you miss the point. The NFL is not missing out on many sales. Most gamers are not going to buy 2 games. NFL/EA makes ALOT of money with MUT. Already in place, no rev up needed. 2K has a number that is the MAX they will bid on the NFL Sim License. It is OBVIOUS is not more than EA. 2K makes a business decision to make an arcade game to get some of the football money.

It is not about competition, it is about sales. Some you assume there are Hundreds of Thousands not buy Madden because they want 2K football. If they want football, they will buy Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »