Home

NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive License

This is a discussion on NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive License within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive Li

If I was an owner I'd want this on the open market. Set the bidding at what EA were going to pay, and see if someone else out there wants it more. It may end up forcing EA to pay more and there is little to no risk EA don't end up paying what they were going to anyway (they're not going to low ball and risk losing it). How the TV deals are done are a perfect example to follow to maximize revenue.

The fact this isn't the approach tells me there must not be genuine interest from 2K, who is the only realistic challenger. They would definitely make it known if they were, and willing to try and outbid EA. So assuming the vote goes as expected, I just don't think 2K are interested in outbidding EA for this. Not this time around at least - the non-sim games they make might establish a brand they can launch off for next time. Going from a pillar of the NFL community in Madden to some new brand all of a sudden would be pretty risky for the NFL.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Owners Likely to Vote in Favor of Extending EA Sports Madden NFL Exclusive Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
Maybe we are over reacting a bit? Madden 20 was a big improvement from previous years and I hope they expand on what they already have. The scenario engine , X and superstar factors, the return of the pro bowl did add a little more depth to franchise not as much as it should but it did make it fun at least to me. I would like to see FA signing be a tougher, and a more in-depth scouting system. But if they just keep building on what they have we will have a good football game.
Lol stop it. Every year people say “they are going in the right direction its almost a good fb game”. We never get the right improvements year in and year out
Old 05-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 19

oh well.
at this point 2k should just try making another generic football game and make it customizable, and include a franchise mode.

smaller independent developers are doing this, and sports gamers are at least trying the games that these developers bring to market.

The amount of interest in a football game other than Madden is there. if 2k does try to make another sim style game, they just need to develop it and release it without expecting it to be as profitable as Madden.

I want to know whats the ROI or profit margin would 2k expect in order for them to make another football game.

the demand for sports games in general is there, and has increaseed since the last 2k football game was released.

I guess what Im trying to say; at this point, making a sim styled football game is all on 2k.

Last edited by tril; 05-23-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hshaw810
Lol stop it. Every year people say “they are going in the right direction its almost a good fb game”. We never get the right improvements year in and year out
100% cosign

EA should change their slogan from "its in the game" to "EA Sports, its going in the right direction"....
Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #53
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Even if Madden became the all around perfect football sim I’d still want other NFL games on the market. I miss the days where each sport had multiple offerings to play. Each game would have a different take on the sport. I hope NBA Live can find some stability so we can keep 2 basketball games available. Its crazy, we used to have 3-4 games covering a single sport and I’d play all of them.
That's what's most disappointing about this all is no other legitimate choices. Madden 20 is ok, even with mods it's average at best. Was really looking forward to something new & fresh in the near future.

Playing:
Old 05-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #54
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
this shouldn't surprise ANYONE. the game is built on mut now and big tournament play, they can do whatever they want, im not buying it, 20 was my last purchase for the show, 2k and madden period, creation is being done by some of the best content creators here in OS, and ive went back to NCAA 14 & Madden 25.*

im oldschool i GREW UP on mrs. pac-man you think it matters to me to go back to better gameplay? and to choose it over a graphical interface, man I welcome the classics back!!!, man yall can have at it, hit me up when real INNOVATION, is back in all sports gaming, until catch me, on already has been done.
ggs in the chat.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #55
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden is the Cleveland Browns of Football Video Games. So much hype and excitement in the beginning only for it to lead to disappointment in the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #56

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NFL owners to vote on five-year extension with EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox2042
I guess we should expect teams to use punters as quarterbacks next season and do nothing but run the ball since NFL owners seem to think Madden is sim.
NFL owners couldn't care less if Madden is sim so long as it keeps bringing in free revenue that they do nothing to get. Just because the exclusivity of it all mentions EA as being the only company that can make a sim football game doesn't mean they care, thats probably verbiage EA requested be included so nobody else can infringe on their agreement and nothing more.

I've read countless times where people seem to believe if we stopped buying the game it would somehow effect EA and their design choices but I don't see it. Their main revenue source isn't from us anyways so unless people stopped buying worthless packs in MUT nothing will ever change unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »