Home

Franchise Mode Too Easy????

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Too Easy???? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Mode Too Easy????

I think it’s more that the other 31 teams are inept than it is that the mode is too easy. The fact that you can use common sense, for example starting a 78 overall rookie over a 79 rated 32 year old gives the user a huge long term advantage
Old 05-28-2020, 04:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think it’s more that the other 31 teams are inept than it is that the mode is too easy. The fact that you can use common sense, for example starting a 78 overall rookie over a 79 rated 32 year old gives the user a huge long term advantage
Pretty much. It's why I handicap myself to use the Auto-Adjust for Depth Chart. And if I have a player on my team starting over someone I want to start, I cut that player or just deal with the consequences.

It will allow you to not house good players over potential starters for the CPU and have them on your bench.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:19 PM   #11
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie71
The draft is more realistically random.
I know you provided arguments to both sides, but I need to point out that this particular point isn't true. In regard to how the draft plays out in franchise may be more realistic in terms of what positions are selected in what spot, or where value lays, but the draft actually simulates the exact same every single time for a given draft class. Pick by pick, the exact same. It isn't random each time, or different at all.

When I tested for our PC community offline Start Today file (shameless plug btw) I specifically tested to see if the CPU would ever pick different players, and they won't.

For a little more insight on how Madden's draft works, we actually know that as well and can determine the 'range' of players they look at (Sabo found that out). Unfortunately, altering this still doesn't enable the draft to play out differently if simmed multiple times.

By default in Madden, teams go need based for two rounds and then BPA after. We changed it to need based for the first 3 rounds and then BPA for the last 4. Madden's draft logic actually isn't so bad compared to other facets of the game, but the fact that it never plays out differently irks me.

Also, another shameless plug, on PC Sabo created a CFM mod that alters position requirements (so the CPU doesn't carry 2 RB's and a FB into a game), makes sure top FA's actually gets signed, fixes regression, etc. I bring that up because it alters the difficulty level, but these are all things that should be in the base game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #12
Banned

It has both its advantages and disadvantages. Just like in everything.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #13
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

I still think trading is waaay too easy. They need to add "untouchables" like NBA 2k has in MyLeague. Either that or a trade difficulty slider.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
I still think trading is waaay too easy. They need to add "untouchables" like NBA 2k has in MyLeague. Either that or a trade difficulty slider.
Why would any of that development work be necessary? If the user thinks a trade is unfair all they need is the self-discipline not to propose or accept it.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #15
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Why would any of that development work be necessary? If the user thinks a trade is unfair all they need is the self-discipline not to propose or accept it.
Because I think the game should be well balanced out of the box so I don't have to "self-discipline."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 02:33 AM   #16
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

You can try upping your sliders to make it more difficult, like you said as your team gets better the cpu seems to not better their team so you might have to up the slider difficulty.

Also look into tdawgs xp sliders, he has it setup to help cpu teams develop, it’s not perfect but....yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »