Home

Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise

This is a discussion on Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #57
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

i think they were planning on killing franchise in ps5 just my 02 cents
Old 07-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

Not convinced. We’ve been complaining about franchise for years and the only they did this year was bug fixes. Literally no decent addition. So they are just now listening? Lol ok. Not falling for the bait and will not be buying.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #59
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Of course it’s scripted. You can see him glancing down at notes or cue cards the whole time.

Guys, just last year or the year before they told us there was a renewed focus on franchise and a recommitment to it. Look what happened.

This is a knee jerk response to bad PR. They didn’t promise anything, only that they’d look into it. And do we really think they are going to implement anything of substance? And if they do, what are the odds it works?

This was a patronizing, self serving, feed is a pile of horse manure response. They troll is with patch notes and then react with “we heard you” and act surprised. Either they don’t give a crap (my vote) or they are clueless to think what they have us would be acceptable.

They are seeing how they can “bolster” this and what the plan is going forward. That’s PR speak for “we didn’t have you in our plans and now we’re gonna feed you poop and call it chocolate”

I’m still so disgusted by this. Fix it EA. No words, no apologies, give us the franchise we had in Ps2 era and I bet most folks would be happy.

Enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They can't be clueless about it because Rex Dickson resigned because they refused to allocate resources to fix Franchise mode and game play (he originally proposed spending a year to fix game play and a year to fix Franchise, but was shot down on the grounds that those were not marketable features). Dickson has said at least a couple of times that he quit for those reasons, because the people who make decisions were not interested in giving consumers what they wanted, but instead wanted to give consumers something marketable.

So, yeah, innocent ignorance is not the cause.

Granted, am I saying Face of the Franchise should not exist? No. But it should not come at the expense of Franchise mode. If anything, it should be a sub-game of Franchise mode (and currently it is not: it is a different mode in which you can port a player over to Franchise, and then play a limited Franchise in which you can't control your team or anything else; Except in PC, which is superior in every way, because you can turn a user controlled player into non-user by editing a value in a table).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i think they were planning on killing franchise in ps5 just my 02 cents

Possible, but after you finish Face of the Franchise you can use your player in a very, very limited version of Franchise mode (in which you can control nothing but your player either in games or out, and can't even play on the opposite side of the ball in games). Given that, it seems unlikely they would simply eliminate it. More likely they wanted to just leave it and not really do anything to it.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #61
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 21 Team Responds to Franchise Mode Outcry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
That just sounded like PR damage control to me lol.
It is for now. However, the inspiring part is that the community collectively forced them to respond in some form. So its not just about sales but also about negative public perception and consistent pressure.

We also have to be united. I honestly couldnt fathom what a major sales boycott would do but apparently the threat of one coupled with the accompanying negative PR was significant enough for them to, at the minimum, release this statement.

Who knows what else we can accomplish?

#FixMaddenFrancise

Last edited by Kanobi; 07-02-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #62
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

They had to respond this wasn’t going away. No purchase from me at launch but I will see if they add anything meaningful via patch.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

Last edited by Cubfan; 07-02-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:29 PM   #63
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
That just sounded like PR damage control to me lol.
Right? What could they actually do now to make franchise better? You had a whole dev cycle and added nothing. They will do some tuning or add a screen that has Tweets on it and say look we listen to the customers.

Guarantee if we keep the hashtag going the NFL will notice the publicity and light a fire under EA
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Right? What could they actually do now to make franchise better? You had a whole dev cycle and added nothing. They will do some tuning or add a screen that has Tweets on it and say look we listen to the customers.

Guarantee if we keep the hashtag going the NFL will notice the publicity and light a fire under EA
Yep. It would be against our interest as consumers to stop being a very loud thorn in their side until the NFL gets involved. Even then, I'm assuming they'd convince the NFL that Face of the Franchise is what we're talking about. Still, if it lasts long enough, it can't be anything but good for the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »