Home

Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise

This is a discussion on Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2020, 02:48 AM   #81
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

Anyone who actually believes what they are saying at this point, deserves what they get if they buy the game.

They "hear our feedback"? This is suddenly knew to the folks working on Madden? We've been giving this feedback for over a decade and been given nothing but lip service. I won't believe a word they say until I see it running in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2020, 02:53 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Anyone who actually believes what they are saying at this point, deserves what they get if they buy the game.

They "hear our feedback"? This is suddenly knew to the folks working on Madden? We've been giving this feedback for over a decade and been given nothing but lip service. I won't believe a word they say until I see it running in game.
People should at least wait to see the demo in early/mid-August. There you will see first hand what if anything they added for franchise...
Old 07-03-2020, 03:01 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I get the feeling franchise will get the resources it deserves for the next 12-18 months and then they will go back to their old ways again and if anyone says anything they will fall back on that
Old 07-03-2020, 03:05 AM   #84
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:

Didn't they do something similar with Madden 18 and then have to patch almost on day 1 to resolve a lot of the issues with franchise mode?
Old 07-03-2020, 04:17 AM   #85
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

At least give us back the ability to see the weekly NFL schedule & simulate each game showing us the scores.

I remember on the old PS2 maddens I could simulate a season in like a minute while seeing every game for every team on the schedule while I did it.

Then the 360 games took a lot longer to simulate with all the loading & what not, & this gen of consoles is unbearable to sim through. You can't see anything!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2020, 04:42 AM   #86
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Still a "wait and see" as this news just feels like damage control. Will be solid to see a proper road map they commit to over several years.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:07 AM   #87
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Still a "wait and see" as this news just feels like damage control. Will be solid to see a proper road map they commit to over several years.
It's definitely damage control, amigo, and it's cleverly worded to make people think they've truly recommitted to Franchise mode without them explicitly saying they have. All he said was they are working on plans to "bolster" Franchise mode. What does that mean? "Bolster: support or strengthen; prop up." But how MUCH is not inherent in the meaning of that word.

That could mean they plan to truly overhaul Franchise mode and give us something like what Deuce Douglas has been pushing for for years. It could also mean something like the Scenario Engine. Based on the fifteen year track record of commitment to Franchise mode, my guess is that "bolster" means the latter.

Of course, we'll see. Perhaps consumer outrage drives meaningful change. But I wouldn't be counting my chickens, personally.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-03-2020 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Changed "Sucknario Engine" to "Scenario Engine" because it's beating a dead horse at this point.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:55 AM   #88
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Fixing franchise also means fixing and improving their terrible slider system, improving cpu AI and adding customized camera angles in addition to more robust team building options.

EA hasn’t given a crap about franchise in over 5 years. I won’t hold my breath. I can hope for improvements next year but I already quit this franchise two years ago. Many offline only guys like me have given up. Madden 21 is a lost cause at this point. Will see if Madden 22 offers anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »