Home

Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings: Top 10 Running Backs - Top RB Speed, Break Tackle & Juke Ratings Also Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings: Top 10 Running Backs - Top RB Speed, Break Tackle & Juke Ratings Also Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #9
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings: Top 10 Running Backs - Top RB Speed, Break Tackle &

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If you only think of him as a hand-off running back, sure, but you'd be horribly underutilizing him.

Among RBs revealed so far, Kamara has the second-best Catching rating (behind only Christian McCaffrey), the best Catch In Traffic rating, the best route-running ratings, and the best Release rating. He will also probably have Matchup Nightmare and RB Apprentice again, so he automatically beats most CPU LBs in man coverage against him and gets more hot routes.

Kamara will be lethal in the pass game in User-CPU games once again, and combine all his ratings and abilities with the user defender control nerfs in the M21 beta (the super-loose defensive user control did indeed limit Kamara's effectiveness as a receiver in M20) and I think he actually is gonna be a very useful offensive threat in user-user games this year.
He holds zero value in online franchise mode. Never in the history of Madden has an 86 speed HB been viable. He isn't outrunning most starting LB's....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings: Top 10 Running Backs - Top RB Speed, Break Tackle &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
He holds zero value in online franchise mode. Never in the history of Madden has an 86 speed HB been viable. He isn't outrunning most starting LB's....
You're talking to someone who effectively rostered and produced with Devin Singletary (SPD 86) in my current online franchise, so I disagree with you there as well.

He won't break the game open by himself just by running outside zone and beating all the blockers and defenders to the edge - which admittedly was the general M20 meta - but he can still be plenty effective.

We're well beyond the idea of Speed being the only rating that matters in Madden.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I will agree with Hooe here. Speed is not king like it used to be. Madden has mad great progress making ratings matter much more. There are plenty of TEs that are weapons in this game that are no faster. Kamara and other "slow" backs can be very effective in the proper situations.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't figure out how to quote Godgers12 here, but I've had plenty of viable backs over the years with 86 speed. All about reading your blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »