Home

Madden 20 12 bucks worth it?

This is a discussion on Madden 20 12 bucks worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 20 12 bucks worth it?

I went the deepest into a CFM that I've gone on this generation in M20 but alas, I'm back on M19. After a while, the scenario stuff gets annoying to me. Bear in mind that I coach mode using play the moments. That's important to note.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

I ended up getting it. I suck at the game as I havent played much sports games on ps4. I seem to struggle against pass d and I also throw a ton of interceptions.

Qb1 is ok. Intro was fun but now that I'm in nfl I am afraid it will get stale.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:36 AM   #19
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I would buy it at $11. $12 is pushing it.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:56 AM   #20
Rookie

Dang Funky you are the only other person beside myself that Ive heard rave about M18. I loved 18 because it was the last Madden with good physics, but honestly 25,16,17 and 18 were great if you mod them. Madden 20 even moded is just ok, Im going to try 21 through ea access with mods but I dont have high hopes.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

Wow I just missed this sale. Back to $60 now. Very odd. Do these sales happen often or are they one time only things?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #22
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318boy
Dang Funky you are the only other person beside myself that Ive heard rave about M18. I loved 18 because it was the last Madden with good physics, but honestly 25,16,17 and 18 were great if you mod them. Madden 20 even moded is just ok, Im going to try 21 through ea access with mods but I dont have high hopes.
For me, I judge the "best" game on more than just how it is on the field. I think about how much I was engaged in it. How much fun I had with it. For me, 18 was that game. I played 13 seasons with my Jets franchise over the course of 2 years and played every game of it.

Like I said there are things that 20 does better, but 18 is the best one in my opinion because of the time I got from it. I played 19 some but went back to 18, even after I did a roster with the weird edits to make it playable. At times playing 20 felt like a chore and I just could not get engaged in the game.

It is the same for other games. There are games I think are great because they engaged me but a lot of people don't like. Especially true when it comes to PC games and my steam account. It's also the same with a game like final fantasy. Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite game all time but it gets trashed because people think it doesn't fit in with the final fantasy series.

It's not knocking the newest game, it's stating my preference. And I would put 18 above all the other games in the current gen. Too often we look at one facet of the game or simply the game itself and deem it the best often ignoring just how much we enjoyed a game whether it is public consensus the best or not.

To each their own opinion. My opinion on the best in this gen differs from others and that is cool. I respect that they think it's not.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 08-07-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #23
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Get Madden 21 For Real. If Your Stuck With M21 On Any System Your Feeling Football In RL.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Old 08-09-2020, 03:09 AM   #24
Rookie

I think madden 18 xbox x was the best console version last/current generation personally, but madden 20 prob the next best. Either console is fine on that one. I kind of liked the feel on ps4

Thing about madden 20 is no game speed adjustments without changing difficulty levels. To me that hurt it bad.

Once you play in 4k its hard going back to 1080p IMO. Madden 16 wasn't that great to me, don't get the hype on it.

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 08-09-2020 at 03:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »