Home

EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 21 franchise mode update

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Editing the SS/X-Factors for any player is a welcome.

The greatest thing they can do is invest in expanding all areas of “User Customization“
- Sliders/Gameplay
- Assets
-Camera
Pretty underwhelming for M21... May as well wait for M22. Will they even have new face options or the face editor available within custom draft classes (or will they use the same few generic faces they've used in the last 5 years)? Seems like a major fail not to add that in M21 since it already is available in FOTF. Kills immersion from me when all the players look the same in the draft.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Whatever updates we end up getting in Madden 21, I really hope those updates don't require a new game save to use into the mode. The way the addition of new X-Factors into Franchise was handled in Madden 20 was a debacle. I do not want to have to restart my online league again, and I don't think my expecting no disruption is an unreasonable expectation. Beyond that, as an online franchise player who always plays franchise with my friends, I welcome basically every single idea presented here.

I do remain concerned for solo franchise players. In my opinion, while solo players will certainly benefit from what's here as well (especially with respect to expanding game mechanics), none of the stuff presented is going to do a whole lot to liven up the rather dry single-player experience of the mode. Madden franchise doesn't do a good job of dynamic story telling, and none of these changes will do much to address that.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'll be glad to see the things that get added in 21, especially the AI Personnel Management and the X-Factor/Superstar Ability Customization, but I'm still heated that all this wasn't already scheduled to be in Madden 21 at launch.

Now that a specific list(with some pretty nice features) has been put out into the world for Madden 22, they need to deliver all of those things.
This right here.

Maybe, just maybe, with a deeper franchise mode experience, some of the players that are boycotting or waiting for used or Black Friday deals will come back into the fold.

They need to deliver on their words, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #12
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this is promising on paper. I don't think I've ever seen an EA response in a long time like this for adding/fixing Franchise. I'm a gameplay guy first & will always be, but I'm always been in the don't tell me show me camp.

Playing:
Old 08-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
Pretty underwhelming for M21... May as well wait for M22. Will they even have new face options or the face editor available within custom draft classes (or will they use the same few generic faces they've used in the last 5 years)? Seems like a major fail not to add that in M21 since it already is available in FOTF. Kills immersion from me when all the players look the same in the draft.
If they were planning on bare bones dry FM for 21, I don't think the expectation bar should have been set too high, especially about a month before the game goes gold.

I'm not surprised.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm honestly not too excited with this blog, but I knew EA wasn't going to deliver anything significant anyways. This reads as a list of things that should be added/worked on every single year. Improving AI decision making and tuning the systems in the game should be the minimum done annually, so I'm not going to pat EA on the back for doing something that should be expected.

The Madden 22 plans sound okay, we'll see how they implement it, but if this is all they can say they have planned when they're shifting around the team to really focus on franchise mode then I won't lie and say I'm not a little disappointed. It seems EA really struggles with ideas on how to improve franchise mode for the offline player.

― Plato
Old 08-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #15
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm glad they put this post out, but they shouldn't get any credit until they get these features in the game and functioning as intended.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #16
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If they were planning on bare bones dry FM for 21, I don't think the expectation bar should have been set too high, especially about a month before the game goes gold.

I'm not surprised.
Exactly. If they can deliver on the bullet points they posted for 21 I'll be happy. They planned on doing absolutely nothing. Let's not forget that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »