Home

What if the season is cancelled?

This is a discussion on What if the season is cancelled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What if the season is cancelled?

I'll buy the game like any other year, however, i've been thinking about this myself. I'm not sure how much i'll find myself playing without an actual season. Something about watching football gets me excited to play football. Could pose a pretty severe impact on my Franchise this year.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:19 AM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

If the season is cancelled or truncated, I think it'll affect MUT more than other modes - a lot of their "content" is based on season performances. They'll have to get creative (same as what the MLBTS folks had to for DD).

For franchise guys, I don't think it affects us too much. We have the default CFM roster (which is all one needs - roster updates tend to cause issues anyhow). By time the season starts, I'll probably be well into my franchise to the point where it's my own world anyways.

The only thing that "worries me" with respect to the pandemic's impact on Madden is the quality of the game (and subsequent updates). How effectively can the team do their work remotely? I know from working from home myself that it's a bit tougher. So, I'll be curious to see how well things come together.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #11
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

OVR: 0

I cant remember when Madden started live updates of roster changes, etc. it's been a minute since we had to play without them. But maybe they can start adding classic teams to exhibition mode to make up for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Imagine if instead of watching real players on tv they just let madden play from the broadcast cam of CPU vs CPU. That would be interesting.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 08-11-2020, 04:36 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd sure be a sad sack if the season was cancelled but I'd also totally understand. I think it's much more difficult to pull off what the NBA is doing with as many players/staff as are associated with each NFL team.

Sent from my KFMUWI using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If the season is cancelled or truncated, I think it'll affect MUT more than other modes - a lot of their "content" is based on season performances. They'll have to get creative (same as what the MLBTS folks had to for DD).

For franchise guys, I don't think it affects us too much. We have the default CFM roster (which is all one needs - roster updates tend to cause issues anyhow). By time the season starts, I'll probably be well into my franchise to the point where it's my own world anyways.

The only thing that "worries me" with respect to the pandemic's impact on Madden is the quality of the game (and subsequent updates). How effectively can the team do their work remotely? I know from working from home myself that it's a bit tougher. So, I'll be curious to see how well things come together.
Eh, you’re talking about computer science majors and similarly inclined people. About the only chance for “struggles” for workers in this industry in terms of working from home is the opportunities to screw off instead of work are a lot easier to come by. But in terms of actually working? If any industries would thrive in this environment it is those who work in software development/programming/engineering.

P.S. No way the NFL cancels the season. TV contracts are too lucrative. At best all teams will ban fans at games.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

If anything EA will see a nice uptick in profits due to people jonesing for football. Not the other way around. Especially if NCAA tanks. Personally with political agendas and ignorance running rampid I wouldn’t mind taking the year off to see how we all handle it. Just me though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #16
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I think it's much more difficult to pull off what the NBA is doing with as many players/staff as are associated with each NFL team
The NBA and the NHL have the benefit of being largely done with their regular seasons. All they had to do (not to understate that) was bring everyone to the same spot and organize a respectable end to the year and postseason tournament. They can play a bunch of games in quick succession and then the bubble gets progressively smaller as teams are sent home.

The NFL has to stage the whole regular season, can't play more than once a week, and can't really bubble the league or even the conferences together. I just can't see it working, sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »