Home

Madden NFL 21 The Yard Trailer & Plenty of Details About The New Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 The Yard Trailer & Plenty of Details About The New Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #57
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Details on Madden NFL 21 The Yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Well, the possibility exists for 2k to make a sim using current players but with fictional stadiums, teams, etc. Whether they actually do so remains to be seen.
I don't blame them for choosing not to. If it doesn't have the NFL license I don't think it'd be a viable option since chances are pretty high it just won't sell that well. They can't spend all that time and money creating a football league from the ground up without the assured success that the NFL license would give them.

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the fingers but the best possible outcome would be EA relinquishing the rights to a 'simulation' NFL video game and allowing another company the chance while Madden can continue down a path of more arcade, quick bite modes catered to that segment of the fandom.

That isn't happening though since EA doesn't want to give up any more of the pie than they've already given up. I'll be buying whatever type of game 2K puts out if they do release an NFL licensed game just to support another company having the license.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 The Yard Trailer & Plenty of Details About The New Mode

I thought the NFL signed an agreement to do a game with 2K but as a Head Coach-type of game.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #59
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 21 The Yard Trailer & Plenty of Details About The New Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmuse3
I thought the NFL signed an agreement to do a game with 2K but as a Head Coach-type of game.
They signed to make non-sim games.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-16-2020, 06:48 AM   #60
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
They can't spend all that time and money creating a football league from the ground up without the assured success that the NFL license would give them.
The NFL owns team names, logos and stadiums. It doesn't own the calendar, rules of pro American football, salary CAP, coaching staff composition, divisions/conferences, playoff format, etc.

In other words, if 2k wanted to make a non-NFL licensed sim, "creating a league from the ground up" would not be necessary.

Also, the NFLPA license allows for 2k to use current superstars - which, in addition to the 2k brand itself, would be enough to successfully market and sell an NFLPA-licensed sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I'll be buying whatever type of game 2K puts out if they do release an NFL licensed game just to support another company having the license.
Stay tuned as as they plan to make several. One has been speculated to be an NFL version of NBA 2k's MyPark/MyTeam but we shall see.

Again, the fact that these possibilities exist is exciting in and of itself.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #61
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
The NFL owns team names, logos and stadiums. It doesn't own the calendar, rules of pro American football, salary CAP, coaching staff composition, divisions/conferences, playoff format, etc.

In other words, if 2k wanted to make a non-NFL licensed sim, "creating a league from the ground up" would not be necessary.

Also, the NFLPA license allows for 2k to use current superstars - which, in addition to the 2k brand itself, would be enough to successfully market and sell an NFLPA-licensed sim.

Stay tuned as as they plan to make several. One has been speculated to be an NFL version of NBA 2k's MyPark/MyTeam but we shall see.

Again, the fact that these possibilities exist is exciting in and of itself.

The biggest reason 2k has been frozen out from the NFL for the last 15 years is because they pissed off the billionaire owners when they sold 2k5 for $19.95, which in turn forced EA to drop the price of Madden, which in turn meant they didn’t make as much money as they could have. After 15 years, 2k finally has a foot back in the NFL door. They aren’t going to do anything to piss off the NFL again, I wouldn’t be looking for anything using the NFLPA license and not the NFL’s, that would def piss the league off again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »