Home

Madden Franchise Mode: It's Time to be Classic

This is a discussion on Madden Franchise Mode: It's Time to be Classic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Franchise Mode: It's Time to be Classic

I never see anything in regards to regression when the coaching tree comes up. In this model would coaches ever regress or lose abilities that they have? What would be the reason for ever moving on from a fully developed head coach?

I like to put these mock ups through real world scenario. What would’ve possessed the Eagles from moving on from Andy Reid? What impact does Jason Garret going from head coach to OC have on his abilities?

I understand using salary cap and changing lower level coaches around to fit development of certain players but any reason to ever change your head coach once he’s “maxed out” on his progression?
Old 08-20-2020, 09:54 AM   #34
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They tried, didn't work out because of location.

Maybe now that everyone is more comfortable working from home they can make something work out. Obviously Deuce has his own things going on in life and needs to do whatever is best for himself and his family, but he is so gifted when it comes to this stuff.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #35
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

OVR: 0

Deuce, are the players roles constrained to the negotiation process only? Do you envision player roles to supplement the personality traits under the morale system umbrella? I think a true morale system can provide a huge improvement to immersion and how the AI can/will construct their rosters.

Second, any positive should always have negative and I think most of us remember the bad as much as the good. I appreciate that the most with your 'Franchise Redefined'. Thanks for being the champion of Madden Franchise!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #36
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Maybe now that everyone is more comfortable working from home they can make something work out. Obviously Deuce has his own things going on in life and needs to do whatever is best for himself and his family, but he is so gifted when it comes to this stuff.
Would love seeing Deuce join one of the Indie teams...either Canuck or Axis. They'd probably be a lot more flexible schedule wise. Canuck for example, their team...those guys also have regular day jobs. Wouldn't be surprised if they've already contacted him as well.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #37
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I never see anything in regards to regression when the coaching tree comes up. In this model would coaches ever regress or lose abilities that they have? What would be the reason for ever moving on from a fully developed head coach?

I like to put these mock ups through real world scenario. What would’ve possessed the Eagles from moving on from Andy Reid? What impact does Jason Garret going from head coach to OC have on his abilities?

I understand using salary cap and changing lower level coaches around to fit development of certain players but any reason to ever change your head coach once he’s “maxed out” on his progression?
I think ideally you'd want coaches to regress at some point but I don't think it would be absolutely necessary. From what I laid out here, fully progressed, tier-four coaches would be very rare and at any given time there would only be a handful across the entire league. The majority of coaches would fall under and have a ceiling somewhere within the first three tiers. With the exception of Reid, guys like Belichick, Tomlin, Harbaugh and other "tier-four" coaches have all been in one spot for a very extended period of time and I think with the Reid situation, that would be something where a terrible season or consecutive seasons of underperforming would affect team chemistry and player morale to the point where you might consider getting rid of Reid to kind of reset the balance of your team, so to speak. If you're lucky enough to have or get a guy like that, you really shouldn't want to get rid of him and if he leaves it's going to have more to do with outside circumstances like chemistry and morale or maybe another team coming in to snatch him away rather than their skill.

The Garrett question is a good one and as far as the difference between HC and OC, I don't think it would have that much of an impact on his abilities. You could do something where if he had a perk that affects the whole team, it would only fully work if he was a HC and if he was an OC then the perk would only work for the offensive side of the ball or maybe not work at all. I think where you would see more of an affect on abilities is if you had a coach like Garrett who had QB perks as your RB coach or something. In that case, it'd make sense to have the QB perk deactivated since he wouldn't be working directly with them.

What I envision for coach progression/regression would look a lot different than what you see happen with players. Because coach's careers have a much longer timetable, the progression would be a lot slower and more rare and you'd have a lot of coaches that simply wouldn't progress at all and would spend their entire career as position coaches. I think doing it this way would make things a lot easier to implement and balance. The one thing you absolutely want to avoid is getting multiple seasons in and having half the league with Belichick level coaches and top tier coordinators as position coaches because there's such an overabundance of good coaches.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think ideally you'd want coaches to regress at some point but I don't think it would be absolutely necessary. From what I laid out here, fully progressed, tier-four coaches would be very rare and at any given time there would only be a handful across the entire league. The majority of coaches would fall under and have a ceiling somewhere within the first three tiers. With the exception of Reid, guys like Belichick, Tomlin, Harbaugh and other "tier-four" ........
Thanks for answering my question Deuce!

I do know one thing; if these ideas were in Madden, I’d probably never have time to play any other games.

Keep up the good fight buddy.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunDimer
Deuce, are the players roles constrained to the negotiation process only? Do you envision player roles to supplement the personality traits under the morale system umbrella? I think a true morale system can provide a huge improvement to immersion and how the AI can/will construct their rosters.

Second, any positive should always have negative and I think most of us remember the bad as much as the good. I appreciate that the most with your 'Franchise Redefined'. Thanks for being the champion of Madden Franchise!
The role designation in the negotiation process was more to help players who were searching for playing time avoid signing with teams where they'd end up low on the depth chart but it could definitely work in a way similar to MVP 2005 where player role was an actual part of the contract negotiation process and then have morale play directly off of that.

I didn't show it in the player morale section which I should have but if you look at the Clyde Edwards-Helaire mockups for fog of war, on the left side there is a morale section that includes a role morale with the idea being that it would be heavily influenced by playing time as well as catches for receivers, carries for running backs, etc. rather than a specific role designation.

But I'm with you 100% and one of the things I tried to convey was that every decision you make should feel like there's rewards and consequences behind it and morale would/should play a huge part in that. Morale currently is just confidence renamed and only affects ratings in addition to being so overwhelmingly heavy handed towards the positive side of things. A solid morale system is probably number two (technically three) behind coaching staffs and new scouting which are 1a and 1b.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 6

Great write-up Deuce. I think something else that would be cool and would add more depth is having the ability to assign custom playbooks In the coaches scheme page. Also would love access to far/near and old spilt back formations. Would be cool that if in year 2045 of a cfm, a team started running old school stuff. Maybe it could become a trend. Just would add a little more. Being stuck with 32 playbooks for 30 years of extended cfm sucks.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »