Home

Madden 21 Equipment

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Equipment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-20-2020, 09:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribszn004
There's no way they with withhold it for official release. They simply clowned us. I'm not surprised though but it's once again disappointing.
Agreed. Unless they directly promote something is coming out just assume it won't. When was the last time they surprised franchise mode with new features? That have a well-documented history ignoring franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 11:20 PM   #42
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Somethings definitely up, just saw the loading screen I saw before that features number 21 in a falcons uniform with mouth guard. Next screen was of a dolphins player leaping into the end zone against the jets, the ball carrier doesn’t have one but a Jets defender in the background does
Old 08-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Update: @Equipment_Guru on twitter tweeted about an hour ago that he said he will continue to fight to get mouth pieces outside of the yard.. He has since deleted the tweet.

SMH.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #44
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Equipment for Franchise mode is beyond disappointing this year. Why can't we change the colors of individual players cleats still? You guys really thinks everyone wears the same cleats on game day? Sleeves still look like utter garbage, painted on. Sooooo many TEAM colors are off so if I use the cowboys color rush their shoes are all just all white? Can we just stop making team colors for color rush uni's white?? How do the Chiefs STILL not have yellow as their second color on ANY uni? Half their team wears accessories with yellow.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Update: @Equipment_Guru on twitter tweeted about an hour ago that he said he will continue to fight to get mouth pieces outside of the yard.. He has since deleted the tweet.

SMH.
It's crazy that he has to fight for this... So nearly everyone on the EA Madden team is anti franchise? WTF... It's like they go out of their way to stick it to franchise players. If he is still fighting this it seems far off. Assume if he got the go-ahead it would take months to implement. Don't think it will be on next-gen this year if he is still in the fighting for it stage.

Last edited by dvdsaba; 08-21-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:

SMH.
So much of the drama around mouthguards has just been baffling to me (seemingly on the horizon for last year's game, only available in one mode this year, the idea that making them available in other modes is something that needs to be "fought for"). Even though mouthguards have never been ultra-high on my personal equipment wishlists, I recognize that they've been the community's consensus #1 want for awhile.

Dustin/Equipment_Guru/Kane is usually very good about having the community's ear and whatnot. Hopefully at least some equipment additions (mouthguards or otherwise) can be made via title updates this year.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
So much of the drama around mouthguards has just been baffling to me (seemingly on the horizon for last year's game, only available in one mode this year, the idea that making them available in other modes is something that needs to be "fought for"). Even though mouthguards have never been ultra-high on my personal equipment wishlists, I recognize that they've been the community's consensus #1 want for awhile.

Dustin/Equipment_Guru/Kane is usually very good about having the community's ear and whatnot. Hopefully at least some equipment additions (mouthguards or otherwise) can be made via title updates this year.
They clearly don't want to invest much if any resources into franchise. The franchise roadmap was to ease tensions but still expect them to do the complete minimum as they've always done. If they're still arguing about whether to do things like mouthpieces than their new focus on franchise is not genuine. At this point, I would feel dirty buying the game when they seem to despise/mistreat franchise players so much (as well i find the current state of franchise unplayable and extremely shallow).

Last edited by dvdsaba; 08-21-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #48
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I mean, The Yard has eight fewer players on the field to render and the environmental geometry is significantly less complex than the 11-on-11 modes. There's simply more graphics memory available to do cool and interesting things, a concession that doesn't exist in other gameplay modes of Madden.

Given that The Yard also can't execute its vision at all without the ability to deeply personalize one's on-field avatar, and given that these games were already pushing the current-gen consoles to their limits beforehand, it's not surprising at all to me that that mode gets more and more interesting cosmetic options than the base game.

It sucks, yes, and I hope we get options brought into other game modes where applicable going forward - especially on next-gen consoles, I would anticipate Madden 22 honestly - but the technical reasons for why those options don't cross over on PS4 / XBOX One are very easy to understand if you are willing to engage them. This isn't another "EA hates Franchise players" situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »