Home

Glaring issue with CPU receivers

This is a discussion on Glaring issue with CPU receivers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Glaring issue with CPU receivers

In Madden 21, one thing that is hurting receivers RAC yardage is that they always immediately make an unnecessary cut to a 0 degree angle to the goal line after catching the ball, instead of continuing to run at the angle they were running (away from the defender). This unnecessary cut causes them to lose momentum and get sucked into a tackle; therefore, you never see much RAC unless it is a mis-tackle, which is rare.

Not sure if the game has always been like this, or if this is a bug, but it is really hurting the passing yardage for CPU. Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Glaring issue with CPU receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
In Madden 21, one thing that is hurting receivers RAC yardage is that they always immediately make an unnecessary cut to a 0 degree angle to the goal line after catching the ball, instead of continuing to run at the angle they were running (away from the defender). This unnecessary cut causes them to lose momentum and get sucked into a tackle; therefore, you never see much RAC unless it is a mis-tackle, which is rare.

Not sure if the game has always been like this, or if this is a bug, but it is really hurting the passing yardage for CPU. Anyone else notice this?
Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I think I know exactly what you are talking about.

QB scrambling is much more prominent this year, but when running at an angle towards sideline, they make a cut back towards center field. Looks funky.

Hopefully something the slider gurus can iron out.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2020, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I think I know exactly what you are talking about.

QB scrambling is much more prominent this year, but when running at an angle towards sideline, they make a cut back towards center field. Looks funky.

Hopefully something the slider gurus can iron out.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
This isn't an issue sliders can fix.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:09 AM   #4
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Damn! YAC is such a big thing on today's game as well. Wonder if buffing WR's BC vision could help, but with all these issues popping up every player on the game is gonna be a 99 to compensate.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I usually let the slider gurus figure this kind of stuff out, some look and try fixing the animation for the game so maybe they will come across this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

It's a bit similar to M19 where the runners are needing to run with a block in front of them for some reason. Even in the open, they choose to go find a block. Not sure how consistent it is though as my sample size is a bit limited so far.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the CPU has a hard time adapting to true step. Its not as bad as it was but it has a hard time making subtle movements when it runs so it does hard cuts kinda like when we move the stick in one direction instead of diagonally or pushing it all the way in one direction instead of putting ligjt pressure on it. If that makes sense.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 08-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think the CPU has a hard time adapting to true step. Its not as bad as it was but it has a hard time making subtle movements when it runs so it does hard cuts kinda like when we move the stick in one direction instead of diagonally or pushing it all the way in one direction instead of putting ligjt pressure on it. If that makes sense.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Yes, great point. They take a stock animation rather than just [slightly] naturally turning in either direction. It as the same in M19, not sure why it'd go backwards on this. Hopefully can sort it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »