Home

The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

This is a discussion on The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
The more i learn about the new game more the less interested in it i am.
I'm not going to lie, but it did remind me of my youth and drawing up plays in my hands or grass.

I enjoyed it for now, we will see how long the nostalgia last.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:14 PM   #18
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not going to lie, but it did remind me of my youth and drawing up plays in my hands or grass.

I enjoyed it for now, we will see how long the nostalgia last.
I never played flag football, so im pretty ignorant on its nuances admittedly. Just looks weird. Looks like one of those glitches that's been in the game for years that they just don't care about so I was feeling sensitive lolol
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I never played flag football, so im pretty ignorant on its nuances admittedly. Just looks weird. Looks like one of those glitches that's been in the game for years that they just don't care about so I was feeling sensitive lolol
Even before I played flag football at the age of 10 or so, 4 on 4 touch or tackle football, always had either the QB hike it to themselves or center turn sideways.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #20
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

Quote:
Even before I played flag football at the age of 10 or so, 4 on 4 touch or tackle football, always had either the QB hike it to themselves or center turn sideways.
I played nothing but tackle my entire life. 10+ years. I'm familiar with the qb just snapping to himself but the sideways center thing is totally new to me. Learn something new every day.

Bet EA could do a nice flag football game though lol lord knows they're not committed to making an authentic linear football game.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I played nothing but tackle my entire life. 10+ years. I'm familiar with the qb just snapping to himself but the sideways center thing is totally new to me. Learn something new every day.

Bet EA could do a nice flag football game though lol lord knows they're not committed to making an authentic linear football game.
Ah, gotcha, the ole switchero going strong for you.

A thread about The Yard with a subtle jab on authentic.

Not the first time it happened already in here and probably not the last.

Last edited by roadman; 08-29-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #22
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

Quote:
Ah, gotcha, the ole switchero going strong for you.

A thread about The Yard with a subtle jab on authentic.

Not the first time it happened already in here and probably not the last.
No way, tensions surrounding this overall game are way too high.

I personally wasn't ready to give another game mode, no matter the gimmick, a chance while the other mode, which I shall not name, is so much in ruins.

Its hard to not be such a b*tch about it lol ill admit it

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 08-29-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:42 PM   #23
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4

It was ok, had fun, only part that felt off was that it felt like a regular mode.

I grew up in a neighborhood where we played a lot of tackle backyard football. Not as organized as this street mode is. They need to make it more about player skill and athleticism. Maybe only have freestyle audibles, or game on the line play calling. The only time we called plays as a kid was when it truly mattered.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #24
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
No way, tensions surrounding this overall game are way too high.

I personally wasn't ready to give another game mode, no matter the gimmick, a chance while the other mode, which I shall not name, is so much in ruins.

Its hard to not be such a b*tch about it lol ill admit it
Yeah I don't have a problem with people feeling some level of spite or whatever, but self-control in this regard is probably for the best. It's not a good look for franchise peeps if they out of hand try to tear down every single mode that isn't franchise mode because it would simultaneously ignore that every sports game tries to include various ways to play -- and also just would come off as petty.

The message I'm sure is generally "we want as much put into franchise as other modes get" which is valid, but when it's just "every mode sucks and doesn't matter and shouldn't exist until we get our feature improved" then it gets into shaky territory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »