Home

Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

This is a discussion on Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

I haven’t bought the game yet, but has anyone ever lowered the out of the box accuracy ratings for all starting and backup quarterbacks on every team by 10 or so?

Would this have a greater effect in reducing the unrealistic completion percentages we’re seeing out of the box or do you believe slider adjustments are still the way to go?

I’d like to see the elite CPU qb’s complete around 65% of their passes and the backups and less talented starting CPU qb’s complete 50% to 55% or so.

If it’s advisable to reduce another attribute besides just accuracy, I’d like to hear it also.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 08-30-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Re: Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I haven’t bought the game yet, but has anyone ever lowered the out of the box accuracy ratings for all starting and backup quarterbacks on every team by 10 or so?

Would this have a greater effect in reducing the unrealistic completion percentages we’re seeing out of the box or do you believe slider adjustments are still the way to go?

I’d like to see the elite CPU qb’s complete around 65% of their passes and the backups and less talented starting CPU qb’s complete 50% to 55% or so.

If it’s advisable to reduce another attribute besides just accuracy, I’d like to hear it also.
I do a ton of roster editing every year with Madden..speed, acceleration ect...
I’m holding off now because the Franchise auto subs aren’t working other little things are hopefully going to be fixed with patch.

So my Franchise is just a shell in which l now just do testing, with games ..and need to do more testing before I edit QB’s ..just so much stuff up in the air..
Old 08-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I played my first season on all Pro and before every game I lowered the opposition QBs short medium and long accuracy by 20. Had amazing results. Doing so drops their overall massively so I figured it would be smart to raise them once the game was over.

Won the super bowl with a pretty mediocre team though so season 2 I'm playing on All Madden. Lowered the attributes and the cpu still has high 70s low 80s completion rates so im now not sure what to do.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
Rookie

It depends on the sliders you use, traits, you know the player stuff. Don’t try to fully replicate real life, It could be your defense too. I would just try to get the game stats in general like carries or pass attempts in check rather than the completion %
Old 08-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeballer246
It depends on the sliders you use, traits, you know the player stuff. Don’t try to fully replicate real life, It could be your defense too. I would just try to get the game stats in general like carries or pass attempts in check rather than the completion %
I agree with this. I've never bought into the idea of QBs in Madden being too accurate. It's a combination of the CPU's lack of deep ball, not willing to throw the ball away, dink and dunk offense, and user DBs not in positions to make plays on the ball. NFL QBs rarely miss wide open receivers, especially under 10 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I took Cujo's advice and I have been lowering the short, medium and deep accuracy ratings by "-20" on a game by game basis and have def seen changes. QB's still hit between 55-70% of their passes depending on how good they are. But, you do see more errant throws.

My question is, if a QB has low Short Accuracy and high Deep Accuracy that they would throw deep more? Kinda like in basketball, it a guy has a 15 3pt shooting rating but 75 mid-range that they would take more mid-range shots no matter the play call?

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 08-31-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I took Cujo's advice and I have been lowering the short, medium and deep accuracy ratings by "-20" on a game by game basis and have def seen changes. QB's still hit between 55-70% of their passes depending on how good they are. But, you do see more errant throws.

My question is, if a QB has low Short Accuracy and high Deep Accuracy that they would throw deep more? Kinda like in basketball, it a guy has a 15 3pt shooting rating but 75 mid-range that they would take more mid-range shots no matter the play call?
In creating classic players/teams in the past, I’ve always gave the deep throwing qbs a higher deep throw accuracy than short and it did get them throwing deep more.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-31-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
In creating classic players/teams in the past, I’ve always gave the deep throwing qbs a higher deep throw accuracy than short and it did get them throwing deep more.
That makes sense to me. That those ratings would be more like Hot/Cold spots rather than how accurate they are at throwing a pass that distance. I'm probably wrong on that tho. But, I'm gonna test it out tonight and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »