Home

The Immersion Breakers thread

This is a discussion on The Immersion Breakers thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Immersion Breakers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Had my user controlled LB straight up freeze mid-motion in the middle of a play in coverage while the WR broke a tackle and ran into the end zone. Dude basically did the heisman stance in the middle of a play and got stuck. Should have recorded it but it was horrible

Seeing defensive players celebrate after giving up TDs. Offensive players celebrating after turnovers too.
Why do the defensive players get stuck into an animation like that?

As for as the nonsensical celebrations,the players are celebrating because they're getting some cold cuts like Ickey Woods after the game lol!
Old 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM   #114
Banned

OVR: 21

They have carry over code from NCAA I think...on a fumble most of the time the guy recovering the ball on the ground will not be touched by anyone and he does not get up and run. They just blow the play dead. College rule that should not be in an NFL game.

C
Old 01-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #115
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
They have carry over code from NCAA I think...on a fumble most of the time the guy recovering the ball on the ground will not be touched by anyone and he does not get up and run. They just blow the play dead. College rule that should not be in an NFL game.

C
i think the ball can only be advanced in the last 4 minutes of a half on a fumble recovery. That rule may only apply to offense though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #116
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
Similar to that I sometime dive in front of a receiver and intercept a pass and roll onto the ground, untouched and get called down when I should have been able to get up and run with it still. It's aggravating.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:57 PM   #117
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I could be snarky and just say Madden in general is immersion breaking but I won't.

As a franchise player the biggest immersion breaker for me has always been ridiculous moves by the cpu. Signing a big free agent QB after literally resigning their franchise QB earlier in the off-season. Unrealistic trades is another one that makes me crazy. I could go on and on but pretty much everything related to cfm at this point is immersion breaking.

Sent from my HD1925 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nothing like every team in the NFL signing a FB to their roster or spending premium draft picks trading for one. Just because of the roster logic that applies to CPU's. Not sure if that is relevant in Madden 21, but Madden 20 and older it has persisted for years.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:11 PM   #118
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

A 1-14 Bengals with a full stadium of fans jumping up and down breaks it for me.

It’s a shame the NFL demands they don’t have dynamic attendance (not the EA would do it right).

Personally I feel it’s gaslighting by the NFL. They absolutely want people to believe that every ticket is sold and every group of fans are a rabid bunch of idealistic diverse fanatics wearing $80 jerseys.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:02 PM   #119
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungefly85
A 1-14 Bengals with a full stadium of fans jumping up and down breaks it for me.

It’s a shame the NFL demands they don’t have dynamic attendance (not the EA would do it right).

Personally I feel it’s gaslighting by the NFL. They absolutely want people to believe that every ticket is sold and every group of fans are a rabid bunch of idealistic diverse fanatics wearing $80 jerseys.

Probably a lot more to do with less situations for the programmers to worry about.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #120
Pro

Herschie's Arena

They need to fix the time of day lighting. MLB The Show has this down perfect. A 4:15 game should be completely night by the start of the 2nd quarter. A 1:00 game should be dusk as they're showing the final score. And what about the Bears, Chiefs, and Packers? They play at noon and 3:15. Or the west coast teams never play at 4:15 local time?

As I said, MLB The Show has this down perfect. Madden seems to have this set as if the games were taking place in the summer, not the fall and winter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »