Home

MyNBA (next gen) vs Madden Franchise

This is a discussion on MyNBA (next gen) vs Madden Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2020, 01:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MyNBA (next gen) vs Madden Franchise

2K dropped the info for their next gen franchise mode and I wanted to make a post to show what they’ve done in a transition year to next gen while also dealing with covid, in comparison to what EA/Tiburon has accomplished in Madden.

Not only did 2K release NBA 2K21 on current gen that is a much deeper and authentic experience of the NBA than Madden is to the NFL, but for next gen (released before Madden next gen) they decided to rebuild their gameplay from the ground up, turn the neighborhood into a full city, add a WNBA career mode as well as a WNBA Franchise mode (that is already deeper than Madden it seems), added a second commentary team with a second sideline reporter, but they have also rebuilt and rebranded their franchise experience. NFL gaming fans deserve this type of hard work in my opinion. Tiburon needs to take a lot of notes here.

Here is the link: https://www.operationsports.com/nba-...league-online/

“One of the main things we wanted to do with our first entry on these new consoles was to not take anything away from our franchise players. All too often, a new console generation means starting from scratch for franchise fans and having to start getting features back with each subsequent release of the game. We didn’t want to take that approach this year and with MyNBA, we have given our players everything that we had on the last console generation, plus a whole lot more.

The second main thing we wanted to do with MyNBA is lay the groundwork for the next 6+ years...”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2020, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA (next gen) vs Madden Franchise

Madden for next-gen is a port with shiny graphics. They are not worried about making a good game but rather how can they make the most money for the least amount of effort. It's crazy that 2K WNBA franchise mode has 100x the features while after a decade Madden gave us mouthpieces again (still not in franchise).

Features off the top of my head that 2K current gen has that Madden franchise players would love:

- Coaching carousel
- Face editor in custom draft classes
- Game face
- Create a team
- 100x better stat tracker, career stats, records, award winners, championships, finals MVP...
- Way more immersion and presentation (multiple announcers and guess announcers)
- Custom league rules
- Realistic contracts
- League realignment and expansion
- Morale system
- Mock drafts
- In-depth scouting with college stats on a player
- Summer league (minicamp for NFL)
- a logical offseason
- In-depth injury system
- In-depth free agency (things like money or location or winning impacts a players decision to sign)
- More accurate stats in sim engine
- Having the ability to edit a players name and for the name to still say during commentary (crazy that it's 2020 and Madden still has this broken)

Now EA is clearly struggling just to launch a port of Madden 21 next-gen (they don't want it going head to head with 2K also). Depressing to think what NFL gaming would be if 2K got the license. Madden is essentially NBA Live and would be dropped if gamers had a choice. And i use to prefer Madden over 2K back around 2005 but they have been a disaster on PS3 and PS4 and probably on PS5...

Last edited by dvdsaba; 11-07-2020 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm a very casual NBA fan, which means 2k needs to really sell me to buy their games and jeez they do a fantastic job. I'm getting 2k21 at launch with my series X. The changes they have made are absolutely amazing.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
2K dropped the info for their next gen franchise mode and I wanted to make a post to show what they’ve done in a transition year to next gen while also dealing with covid, in comparison to what EA/Tiburon has accomplished in Madden.

Not only did 2K release NBA 2K21 on current gen that is a much deeper and authentic experience of the NBA than Madden is to the NFL, but for next gen (released before Madden next gen) they decided to rebuild their gameplay from the ground up, turn the neighborhood into a full city, add a WNBA career mode as well as a WNBA Franchise mode (that is already deeper than Madden it seems), added a second commentary team with a second sideline reporter, but they have also rebuilt and rebranded their franchise experience. NFL gaming fans deserve this type of hard work in my opinion. Tiburon needs to take a lot of notes here.

Here is the link: https://www.operationsports.com/nba-...league-online/

“One of the main things we wanted to do with our first entry on these new consoles was to not take anything away from our franchise players. All too often, a new console generation means starting from scratch for franchise fans and having to start getting features back with each subsequent release of the game. We didn’t want to take that approach this year and with MyNBA, we have given our players everything that we had on the last console generation, plus a whole lot more.

The second main thing we wanted to do with MyNBA is lay the groundwork for the next 6+ years...”
Theres no competition. Madden defenders keep telling us “why change anything if it keeps selling”. 2k puts up pretty good numbers themselves and the only basketball game on the market and they still put in effort.

We ask for franchise improvements, they lie and say they are committed to it then gives us updates on modes nobody asked for like superstar ko lol

Last edited by Hshaw810; 11-07-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Here's a feature that would be AWESOME for the team to implement - servers that don't crash on back to back weekends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
Now EA is clearly struggling just to launch a port of Madden 21 next-gen (they don't want it going head to head with 2K also). Depressing to think what NFL gaming would be if 2K got the license. Madden is essentially NBA Live and would be dropped if gamers had a choice. And i use to prefer Madden over 2K back around 2005 but they have been a disaster on PS3 and PS4 and probably on PS5...
I would love to see no exclusivity in NFL gaming but it seems that’s what the league wants. I do wish 2k had it if any company is going to. I was a big fan of madden in the same time period you mentioned. I long for those days. Lol
Old 11-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I'm a very casual NBA fan, which means 2k needs to really sell me to buy their games and jeez they do a fantastic job. I'm getting 2k21 at launch with my series X. The changes they have made are absolutely amazing.
No doubt, I agree with you.
Old 11-07-2020, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Here's a feature that would be AWESOME for the team to implement - servers that don't crash on back to back weekends.
or lag if u play for 3-4 hours

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »