Home

To take franchise mode to the next level...

This is a discussion on To take franchise mode to the next level... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
To take franchise mode to the next level...

If you can compare Madden scouting to real life, this is what you basically get:

The GM tells the personnel guy to evaluate a player. The personnel guy comes back and says "his best attribute is his throwing power. Should l look deeper?" So the personnel guy does it again and eventually says "his top three attributes are his throwing power, his throw on the run, and his pass blocking. I think he's a 4th round pick." And this goes on and on until he eventually runs out of time and was only able to evaluate like 100 of the 450 players eligible to be drafted.

I think we all now that's now how it works. This is something I strongly urge EA to consider:

Some teams just seem to do a better job than other teams. Years ago, Pittsburgh was always able to find those late round gems. Some teams just can't seem to draft a decent WR (*cough cough-- my Eagles-- cough, cough*) and on and on. This needs to be replicated in the game. Every team pretty much evaluate all the same players. They just get different results

To address this, all teams sees all ratings in the draft, but these ratings are represented as ranges. So a players rating might be listed as a 82 with a +/- of 10, meaning he could be 92 or he could be a 72. That's a big difference. The +/- range is based on how 'good' your personnel department is. And there are different types. You could specialize in picking offensive players so the ranges will be smaller compared to defensive players. Or may your better at late round so the ranges get smaller after the 3rd round. The possibilities are endless.

I think even EA understands that the current scouting system is very archaic and unreasonable. If they truly intend of addressing franchise next year, this has to be it. I am not interested in added scenarios. I am interested in more "your star player is not happy because he's not getting the ball" pop ups. Those things are not 'addressing' franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: To take franchise mode to the next level...

Ranges is an interesting idea. It could also create disappointments ala Nkeal Harry. He dominated physically in college and has had no success physically in the NFL.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

The NHL game is messing with this, check their franchise mode the last two years. Fog of War stuff, basically. Yeah it’s a great idea. Lots of ways to play with it.

On the flip side NHL doesn’t have roster share and has had the same 3-4 goalie masks for teams for like 10 years. Always pick your poison with these games man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think a good change would is to have all rookie dev traits being hidden until they get revealed. And the 500 snaps needed can span multiple seasons. So if a practice squad player doesn't get any reps he can still have hidden potential 2 years into their career.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »