Home

Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Trailer & Gridiron Notes - Next Gen Stats Player Movement, Replays, Playcalling & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Trailer & Gridiron Notes - Next Gen Stats Player Movement, Replays, Playcalling & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #145
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Trailer & Gridiron Notes - Next Gen Stats Player Movement,

People here are of course extremely sceptical of everything that the Tiburon team does so there isn't really going to a lot of discussion of any of the gameplay elements other than to expect it to terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I'm surprised more people aren't intrigued with the next-gen stats driving player movement aspect of this. It isnt something you will see in a trailer but has the potential to make a huge impact if executed correctly (big if, I know).

Outside of franchise improvements and depth obviously, getting the timing of the game to be more on par with the NFL would be amazing. The timing between the pass rush getting to the qb in relation to his drop, and reaction times being accurate both on offense and defense. How quickly each individual receiver makes his cuts in relation to how quickly each DB reacts and closes space. The pursuit angles defensive players take, angles blockers take...

This is just scratching the surface. If executed well, this sounds like a game-changing feature that possesses the means of making Madden play on the field more realistically than I could ever hope to achieve using sliders.
Sent from my Pixel 4a using Operation Sports mobile app

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 03:52 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Trailer & Gridiron Notes - Next Gen Stats Player Movement,

I know this is small, but I sure hope they put the officials back in the game.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #147
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
People here are of course extremely sceptical of everything that the Tiburon team does so there isn't really going to a lot of discussion of any of the gameplay elements other than to expect it to terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Operation Sports mobile app

It’s because we’ve heard all the buzzwords before. Madden 19 was going to introduce Real Player Motion that was going to revolutionize the game. 2 years later it’s a new real time motion tracking.

Needs to be implemented well to work and Tiburon has proved over and over again not to trust what they say the feature will do

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #148
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It’s because we’ve heard all the buzzwords before. Madden 19 was going to introduce Real Player Motion that was going to revolutionize the game. 2 years later it’s a new real time motion tracking.

Needs to be implemented well to work and Tiburon has proved over and over again not to trust what they say the feature will do

Yeah I think healthy skepticism with the movement stuff is very fair and logical right now. That being said, I obviously doubt everyone agrees with me, but I will say I do think "movement" as a concept in Madden has gotten better though the last couple years. It's not my favorite thing, but it's better than it was for most of last gen with M21 at least. Like, I don't think it was going in the wrong direction this year, it felt like a more logical upward trajectory for what the game was trying to pull off.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #149
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I think healthy skepticism with the movement stuff is very fair and logical right now. That being said, I obviously doubt everyone agrees with me, but I will say I do think "movement" as a concept in Madden has gotten better though the last couple years. It's not my favorite thing, but it's better than it was for most of last gen with M21 at least. Like, I don't think it was going in the wrong direction this year, it felt like a more logical upward trajectory for what the game was trying to pull off.

I guess I have to be that guy and say you’re right but that’s also how madden is described in reviews year after year. Every improvement is “a step in the right direction” but no feature ever reaches a point that is truly impressive.

I don’t want to go into the next gen madden with this same song and dance but judging from this trailer that’s exactly what’s going to happen

Old 11-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #150
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
I guess I have to be that guy and say you’re right but that’s also how madden is described in reviews year after year. Every improvement is “a step in the right direction” but no feature ever reaches a point that is truly impressive.

I don’t want to go into the next gen madden with this same song and dance but judging from this trailer that’s exactly what’s going to happen

You hit the nail on the head when you say every year the reviews seem to say it's a "step in the right direction". At what point does it finally become more than that and we can finally say alright, this feature or this gameplay change finally has Madden to where we want it. I've said before, I'm not a hardcore Madden player, but I would love to finally see the everyday hardcore players get the game they've been waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #151
Banned

Pro-Takk
True Step
Living Worlds
Hit Stick

I mean I can go on. Things like “Never lose focus with blazing fast loading times”. Bruh this isn’t 1990, nobody care about the car salesman crap. It’s still an Oldsmobile that has manual roll down windows. Yea you’ve added leather, yea you’ve added navigation. But the damn heat still doesn’t work, the engine still isn’t smooth at all the back seats are missing and you’ve made it a point to let us all know you have the exclusive agreement with the dealers so only sell your product. So we are stuck. There’s no innovation, no plans to progress the little you’ve currently built upon. It’s just jank.

Quote:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
They've changed engines multiple times since that launch, so the idea that this is working off the 360 version is a questionable claim to make.
No, they are absolutely still working off the X360 code. They changed development tool engines (ignite, frostbite) etc. The current game though by and large is still the original X360 coding. Just updated and expanded upon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »