Home

No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

This is a discussion on No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #81
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Yeah you really have to get these consoles in your hands to understand the difference. There's definitely a huge difference when you're actually playing. Take MLB The Show 20 for example. It's not optimized for PS5 or anything, but the game runs like an absolute dream on the new console. It plays like a whole new game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I feel you. You're right that they can't win either way right now so I get why they would just wait it out. The promo they had in MNF this week was really sick so hopefully the gameplay will match that.

As far as this^^^ that's the main reason I chose to upgrade consoles this year. I'm not blown away by any of the launch games, but knowing my whole Xbox catalogue back to the OG Xbox is backwards compatible and that it'll run really well on the new console is huge for me. Can't wait for it to arrive later this month.

Were you upgrading from the base PS4 or the Pro?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #82
Rookie

A little off topic, but anyone know a good way/place to get my hands on a PS5?
Old 12-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #83
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
A little off topic, but anyone know a good way/place to get my hands on a PS5?

Keep your eyes on reddit and @Wario64 on Twitter
Old 12-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #84
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I feel you. You're right that they can't win either way right now so I get why they would just wait it out. The promo they had in MNF this week was really sick so hopefully the gameplay will match that.

As far as this^^^ that's the main reason I chose to upgrade consoles this year. I'm not blown away by any of the launch games, but knowing my whole Xbox catalogue back to the OG Xbox is backwards compatible and that it'll run really well on the new console is huge for me. Can't wait for it to arrive later this month.

Were you upgrading from the base PS4 or the Pro?
I upgraded from the Pro to the PS5 and from the One X to the Series X. Significant difference on how the games play. So I can only imagine what the difference would be for someone who's upgrading from the regular current gen consoles. Experiencing Assassin's Creed at 4k60fps is incredible and I don't think I could go back. Modern Warfare on the Series X is so smooth even at the most chaotic parts of the game. On my One X it would drop frames constantly during big firefights and explosions, but not on the Series X. It's so stable and makes the experience so much better. And playing Spiderman at 60fps on the PS5 is so fluid. I will never play that game at 30fps ever again.

Old 12-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 2

When you upgrade to Ps5 , do you have to leave ps4 disc in all the time to play downloaded Ps5 version? If not , what’s stopping somebody from borrowing a friends madden, loading it , then giving it back. Or just renting it and doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #86
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I upgraded from the Pro to the PS5 and from the One X to the Series X. Significant difference on how the games play. So I can only imagine what the difference would be for someone who's upgrading from the regular current gen consoles. Experiencing Assassin's Creed at 4k60fps is incredible and I don't think I could go back. Modern Warfare on the Series X is so smooth even at the most chaotic parts of the game. On my One X it would drop frames constantly during big firefights and explosions, but not on the Series X. It's so stable and makes the experience so much better. And playing Spiderman at 60fps on the PS5 is so fluid. I will never play that game at 30fps ever again.

That's so sickkkkkk. I'll be going from the One X to the Series X. That was all what I was hoping for. Can't wait to go back through the MW campaign and the COD WWII campaign because both of those struggled at parts on the One X like you pointed out. Looking forward to The Show finally coming to Xbox this coming spring.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #87
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
When you upgrade to Ps5 , do you have to leave ps4 disc in all the time to play downloaded Ps5 version? If not , what’s stopping somebody from borrowing a friends madden, loading it , then giving it back. Or just renting it and doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, you have to have the disc in the console in order to play

Old 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #88
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
What exactly are u expecting?? It’s still Madden and I don’t mean that in a mean way, it’s another Madden game.
Kinda like how when Star Wars put out "The Rise of Skywalker". They didn't show any trailers, commercials or footage from the movie. It just a Star Wars movie....what exactly did we expect? Something new? (sarcasm and joking!)

No matter how you slice it, EA not releasing any gameplay is sneaky weird. Like...either it's going to be so good we crap our pants or it's just more of the same. If it was really going to be that good I'd hope they'd be talking about it though so i'm leaning towards a glorified port of current gen.

Having said that I am a sucker for atmosphere and if they nail the crowd, weather and a bunch of other little tweaks to immerse you, I'm gonna be wanting it even if it plays about the same on the field. Just hoping next year they will release it for PC as well so I don't have to buy a next gen console to get my fix.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »