Home

No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

This is a discussion on No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #137
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is silly. You shouldn't feel content, you have every right to still be upset about your purchase of the game if you aren't happy with it.

If you bought it on old gen for the purpose of getting it on new gen, that's on you.

There was never a promise of an upgraded game. You're literally complaining about not getting video for a game you already own lol. Think about that for a second.

It's almost like complaining about not getting gameplay video for an upcoming patch...
C'mon. EA decided to give the next gen game to those who already purchased the current gen version. Either way, people are expecting a newish game.

And as is customary with new sports titles, you see gameplay videos before release.

Seriously. You have games with one developer or a small development team putting out gameplay videos before they release a game but an AAA title can't put out gameplay videos of it's next gen effort that consumers have just purchased a $500 dollar console (if they can find one) to play on? Maybe EA thinks because many have purchased the game, because their sales are baked in, then that is good enough...and that's the problem.

In a little over 24 hours, maybe Madden 21 Next Gen is a phenomenal experience and we'll have nothing to complain over. If it is...then that's great. But given their track record, they deserve grief for not giving it's fanbase any reason to be optimistic.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 12-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

There was never a promise of an upgraded game

Yes, they absolutely marketed Next Gen Madden as an upgraded game. Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-02-2020, 07:44 PM   #139
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I hate a lot of games. I don't go in those forums and call people out for liking them. It's ridiculous and causes people here to just leave the forums because they don't feel like getting trashed for their opinion and being made to feel guilty about liking a game. A game. It's just a damn video game. You want options, get updated rosters for 2K5 or Madden 08. Do some research about how you can play those games with updated rosters. I get you want the newest game of Madden to be better. I do too. But lets see how this game is, and go from there.
The NFL stopped being a game a LONG time ago. Its the best drama on tv, must see television. And unlike can't miss movies, or programming, there is personal involvement with local/childhood teams, and even to a gross extent; hero worship.

I think Madden reached a similar point, right around the time the product nosedived off the cliff.

Fans might be irrational as this game goes. But this can't really be argued as an ideal circumstance. The NFLs only partner isn't delivering a good product, and the NFL doesn't care a bit about it. The customer loses. Why should the customer be happy in that scenario?
Old 12-02-2020, 07:44 PM   #140
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
C'mon. EA decided to give the next gen game to those who already purchased the current gen version. Either way, people are expecting a newish game.

And as is customary with new sports titles, you see gameplay videos before release.

Seriously. You have games with one developer or a small development team putting out gameplay videos before they release a game but an AAA title can't put out gameplay videos of it's next gen effort that consumers have just purchased a $500 dollar console (if they can find one) to play on? Maybe EA thinks because many have purchased the game, because their sales are baked in, then that is good enough...and that's the problem.

In a little over 24 hours, maybe Madden 21 Next Gen is a phenomenal experience and we'll have nothing to complain over. If it is...then that's great. But given their track record, they deserve grief for not giving it's fanbase any reason to be optimistic.
I'm in the belief that most of today's gamers wouldn't have survived the 80's and 90's years of gaming when you hardly ever got any information about any games coming out and you basically bought a game in hopes that it was good. Bc honestly, EA doesn't owe anybody anything. They are free to make whatever game they want and focus on whatever aspects they want to implement. Does it suck sometimes? Yes, but we live in a day and age where everyone feels like they are owed something just bc they bought something. Back in the day, if I bought a game, and it sucked and I didn't like it or feel like it was worth my money, then I was just sh*t out of luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I'm in the belief that most of today's gamers wouldn't have survived the 80's and 90's years of gaming when you hardly ever got any information about any games coming out and you basically bought a game in hopes that it was good. Bc honestly, EA doesn't owe anybody anything. They are free to make whatever game they want and focus on whatever aspects they want to implement. Does it suck sometimes? Yes, but we live in a day and age where everyone feels like they are owed something just bc they bought something. Back in the day, if I bought a game, and it sucked and I didn't like it or feel like it was worth my money, then I was just sh*t out of luck.

So people feel like they're "owed" something for wanting to see live gameplay of a game we've been waiting 7 years for? I guess lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #142
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
The NFL stopped being a game a LONG time ago. Its the best drama on tv, must see television. And unlike can't miss movies, or programming, there is personal involvement with local/childhood teams, and even to a gross extent; hero worship.

I think Madden reached a similar point, right around the time the product nosedived off the cliff.

Fans might be irrational as this game goes. But this can't really be argued as an ideal circumstance. The NFLs only partner isn't delivering a good product, and the NFL doesn't care a bit about it. The customer loses. Why should the customer be happy in that scenario?
Where did I say the customer should be happy? I was merely offering a suggestion. Then said let's see what happens with next-gen and go from there.

I never said anyone who doesn't like the game should be happy.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #143
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
When all you have left is abstract hate for EA and each other you can really tell a thread has run it's course.
Hey man got a question how do you construe the notion that because people have different opinion ions about EA not marketing or showing gameplay as hate? Or that people hate each other? I haven’t at least to my knowledge noticed a post where a poster has said I hate EA and I hate you for liking it? I think it’s reasonable for people to question EA based on their history and the fact that when no gameplay is shown it’s a sign of something is not right. I have seen constructive criticism and posters who respect others opinion. Hate is a strong word my man and that derails a thread not people having differing opinions of EAs direction.
The sentiment I’m getting is that in the grand scheme of things we all just want a good playing “next level” Madden as marketed and find it hard to believe that a game out in 2 days is devoid of actual gameplay footage. Call it what you want but that’s not normal business protocol unless you can get away with it. Hate? Cmon man.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

I can see your point here. But at the same time, the gaming industry has grown so much since then. Expectations are different as a result.

Think about this, The entire Nintendo System was $89 back then. We are now at a point where individual games are being sold for $70 a piece.

So expectations should be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »