Home

Franchise Scouting Tips and Traps?

This is a discussion on Franchise Scouting Tips and Traps? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #25
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Scouting Tips and Traps?

In terms of the OL what I would do:

I would run OL drills every week. They have ones mixed with QB, WR, and RB so you can get a ride variety of others trained. Not sure if you sim training, or play it or let the cpu do it but any way is ok. So you can mix and match who you train with the OL on any given week.

There are 21 trainable weeks excluding the playoffs. If you have 2 OL you want to improve a lot, run with one being it the slots for 11 weeks then the other 10. If you have 3, split 7/7/7 etc.

It is not ideal but if you have a multiple number of picks you want to train, this strategy saves the other 2 slots.

Even with 1/2 or 1/3 of the time as a focus, they will still gain at least 3 overall points a year plus more depending on how much playing time they get.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 03:07 AM   #26
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
In terms of the OL what I would do:

I would run OL drills every week. They have ones mixed with QB, WR, and RB so you can get a ride variety of others trained. Not sure if you sim training, or play it or let the cpu do it but any way is ok. So you can mix and match who you train with the OL on any given week.

There are 21 trainable weeks excluding the playoffs. If you have 2 OL you want to improve a lot, run with one being it the slots for 11 weeks then the other 10. If you have 3, split 7/7/7 etc.

It is not ideal but if you have a multiple number of picks you want to train, this strategy saves the other 2 slots.

Even with 1/2 or 1/3 of the time as a focus, they will still gain at least 3 overall points a year plus more depending on how much playing time they get.
yup got it, next time I do a rebuild gonna focus on solely taking 21-22 year old Oline guys as SOON as possible. Seems like the center has the most depth at Oline and can always switch it to LG or RG.

Issue now is just defense sorta. Team just finished year 3 and were rated an 87 offensively and defensive, but still gave up like 28 pts to lose in round 1 of the playoffs. Not sure what else I need to be doing..

Jaire Alexander, Bradberry (83 CB), drafted CB has superstar development
Dline played pretty good

I guess semi-weaknesses if you can even call it that at LB but they are all mid 20's w star development and safety same thing (LB's and safeties from 76-81 overall).

I just don't understand with a fairly good pass rush and secondary we're still struggling. Offensively everything else is good. Hopefully year 4 leads us to a super bowl.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #27
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I also put way to much stock in the combine. I usually have a draft class that is pretty decent all considered, but never good players rated from 68-78, but never hit the homerun. I do end up with a plethora of good SS/FS talent that I eventually spread across the league.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
yup got it, next time I do a rebuild gonna focus on solely taking 21-22 year old Oline guys as SOON as possible. Seems like the center has the most depth at Oline and can always switch it to LG or RG.

Issue now is just defense sorta. Team just finished year 3 and were rated an 87 offensively and defensive, but still gave up like 28 pts to lose in round 1 of the playoffs. Not sure what else I need to be doing..

Jaire Alexander, Bradberry (83 CB), drafted CB has superstar development
Dline played pretty good

I guess semi-weaknesses if you can even call it that at LB but they are all mid 20's w star development and safety same thing (LB's and safeties from 76-81 overall).

I just don't understand with a fairly good pass rush and secondary we're still struggling. Offensively everything else is good. Hopefully year 4 leads us to a super bowl.
Madden sim by advancing the week does not work in playoffs. Hasn't for years. If you do not want to play the game you need to load it as if you are and fast sim to the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »