Home

Madden NFL 22 Trailer - Dynamic Gameday, Star-Driven AI, Franchise Mode and More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Trailer - Dynamic Gameday, Star-Driven AI, Franchise Mode and More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #41
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 22 Trailer - Dynamic Gameday, Star-Driven AI, Franchise Mode and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Has this been confirmed? I know that the Beta has a Performance and a Higher Graphics (forget the exact name) option, but I haven't seen any specifics as to the resolution or FPS of either one.

IMG_1904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #42
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 22 Trailer - Dynamic Gameday, Star-Driven AI, Franchise Mode and More

I haven't bought madden since 2013. I could never get w/ the last gen gameplay. But I'm looking forward to this year's title on next gen. I really do like the gameday, larger coaching staff, weekly strategy and practice features. I hope this expands more in the future. As for the gameplay, I can only have my hopes up. But this will be a purchase for me, as I'm really looking forward to the college football game slated for 2023. I figured I might as well get into the EA football mix again so I can know what to expect.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I fully anticipate there being no recognizable difference between how this game plays and how last year's game plays.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I know that I am in the minority, but I never like it when a developer tries to program "Momentum Swings" into a sports game. They aren't necessary, and in my experience can ruin a game (NCAA 07, I am looking at you.) They tend to be overdone, and eventually we figure out what "triggers" the boosts, and strategize around that.

For Home Field advantage, I would prefer a simple boost for all teams. The Chiefs should be tough anywhere....and even tougher in KC. No need to throw in some complex logarithm.
If it has any measurable impact on the game it will be exploited and cheesed to the point where it makes the game unplayable. There's no doubt about that. Then the game becomes less about football strategy and stick skills and more about exploiting gimmicky AI and power-ups. No thanks.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:11 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
The HFA feature in NCAA had all sorts of whacky stuff going on under the hood. I don't remember the specifics, but it led to too many crazy games for me. I had to turn it off which really sucked as Home Field is an important factor. I believe that the odds makers generally value home field to be worth about 3 points....Pretty straight forward. I have no idea why EA has to overcomplicate it.
I remember the first time seeing the feature at best buy thinking the game was glitched lol. It is a really nice feature that I have no idea why it took Madden soooo long to bring back to a similar franchise under EA. One thing I hope they do is make it harder to communicate hot routes in these moments. I can see how some people who hate that, especially in leagues/online gameplay, but I think it would a nice feature to simulate how hard it is under an opponents Home Field. I also hope there is some depth to it. HFA should be easily gained during prime-time, playoffs, division rivalries. Not to say you can't have it every game, but playing in Seattle should be much different than playing against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #46
Rookie

Typical madden with shiny paint .! 🥱 💤
The saddest thing is EA did not need the
EXCLUSIVE LICENSE to do none of this or please it’s lovely loyal 🐑 fanbase.!

They still look and run like hunched over action figures with huge toros’s tiny waists,huge big hands and feet .
Same madden it’s always been since ps1 days to now.
Spit shine pretty graphics ,
Pretty garbage 🤷🏾*♂️
Back to playing Nfl2k5
Old 06-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #47
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Love all the franchise improvements, going to wait until they patch in scouting sometime in September before purchasing.

Hopefully at some point they can implement a weekly wrap up show to really immerse me into my CFM.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #48
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
I know that I am in the minority, but I never like it when a developer tries to program "Momentum Swings" into a sports game. They aren't necessary, and in my experience can ruin a game (NCAA 07, I am looking at you.) They tend to be overdone, and eventually we figure out what "triggers" the boosts, and strategize around that.

For Home Field advantage, I would prefer a simple boost for all teams. The Chiefs should be tough anywhere....and even tougher in KC. No need to throw in some complex logarithm.
Logarithm? Do you mean algorithm?

Maybe a parabola would be better, since it accelerates as you move along.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »