Home

Madden 22 Preview: Franchise, Customization, & Presentation Questions Answered by Bri

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Preview: Franchise, Customization, & Presentation Questions Answered by Bri within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #9
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Preview: Franchise, Customization, & Presentation Questions Answered by

I hope they have some customization options that will be in the live updates this year and don't hold back until next year. I know we talked manual injuries but more sliders are definitely needed.

Good to know they do want to give us options to play how we want in the future.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 22 Preview: Franchise, Customization, & Presentation Questions Answered by

Really don't understand why they are so tied to animations. Their physics argument is stupid IMO

Backbreaker looked more realistic and has played way better than any Madden outside of the PS2 era. If they could somehow bring those two together than I don't think you could create a better on the field product.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:18 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It won't happen, but maybe all the people who whine all the time about physics will finally give up the ghost and go on with their lives and forget about Madden. The dev team has a core philosophy on this issue, which I agree with, and they aren't going to deviate from it, so people can keep banging their heads against the wall asking for them to change it but they aren't going to, so there we are.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
If you read the article, they basically said that they can but it's not the priority. And i think many would agree. I would rather have a deep franchise mode than a show that most people will skip through anyway.
So why not have both....

Why does it have to be one or the other when there have been games in the past that have accomplished both.

What you essentially saying is hey I'm cool with just one because hey that's all they will focus on even though having both is attainable.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #13
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So why not have both....

Why does it have to be one or the other when there have been games in the past that have accomplished both.

What you essentially saying is hey I'm cool with just one because hey that's all they will focus on even though having both is attainable.

Again, if you read the article they said they tried to push more things through and weren't able to get it approved for this cycle. It sounded like a budget thing.

It's not like they fixed the socks on the packers and bills and didn't add anything else to the game. There have been years where the work they put in is crazy small (see M21) but this isn't one of those years. They've made some major strides in franchise this cycle and what's coming for scouting is really promising. We don't even know yet what live update 2 & 3 are so maybe more is coming.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I'd be interesting in hearing EA's feedback on the CPU AI game planning and adjustments.

I mean sure the human player will have all these new resources to use but how will it effect the CPU AI when they face a human player in franchise?

Are they going to adjust their strategies based on the same tendencies on their own or do we still have to control all 32 teams just to make sure game planning applies to both teams through the week or on game day.

If I'm controlling Lamar Jackson shouldn't the CPU focus on him as well doing their preparation.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Again, if you read the article they said they tried to push more things through and weren't able to get it approved for this cycle. It sounded like a budget thing.

It's not like they fixed the socks on the packers and bills and didn't add anything else to the game. There have been years where the work they put in is crazy small (see M21) but this isn't one of those years. They've made some major strides in franchise this cycle and what's coming for scouting is really promising. We don't even know yet what live update 2 & 3 are so maybe more is coming.
Yeah I read it and actually he never said they tried to push a halftime show through. He made that comment regarding the injury statement if I'm not mistaken.

This is what I gathered about the halftime show which is what they wanted to do not because they couldn't do it......

"The halftime show will be different, but it’s not going to be kind of what you’re envisioning, which is around all highlights from around the league. It’s going to be focused on your matchup and strategy, and statistics, what the other team is doing well, not doing well, to inform you on what to do for your halftime adjustment."

He didn't mention anything about trying to push it through (Highlights/shows)

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-18-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2021, 01:47 PM   #16
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'd be interesting in hearing EA's feedback on the CPU AI game planning and adjustments.

I mean sure the human player will have all these new resources to use but how will it effect the CPU AI when they face a human player in franchise?

Are they going to adjust their strategies based on the same tendencies on their own or do we still have to control all 32 teams just to make sure game planning applies to both teams through the week or on game day.

If I'm controlling Lamar Jackson shouldn't the CPU focus on him as well doing their preparation.

Yes PM great points and I hope to hear about how the CPU game plans or not.

If they don’t…..32 team control and a card flipping random number system (ala Strat-O-Matic) would be something I would personally implement to gameplan for the CPU teams.

It could work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »