Home

New York Giants - ratings disaster

This is a discussion on New York Giants - ratings disaster within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #33
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New York Giants - ratings disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'm not sure if you'll have the cap space to take on all of the dead cap figures for trading all of those guys at once. Right now NYG is projected to be 13 mill over the cap for '22. Swami said they are giving everyone extra cap space in franchise so that will help. Something I do to recreate some realism is take away the bonus money from players who I'm trading that are in the 3rd 4th or 5th years of their deal and convert it to salary. Since there's generally no guaranteed money in real life contracts beyond the 3rd year, this is a good fix. That could help you out some.

I like your plan though. Gonna take awhile to rebuild with all of those guys gone, but you could stock up on picks and have a decent squad by '23. You planning to play every game or sim some of those rebuild years?
No I’m simming all the games for at least 1 season maybe 2.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #34
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Hate to say it, but whenever I rebuild the Broncos Von Miller is one of the first that I trade. His contract, plus what I can get in draft picks, it's hard to pass that up. I love Von, but when it comes to Madden, his contract is a huge ask.

I usually look for some teams who are hungry and who I suspect will be bottom of the league and I trade some players for picks. Always draft picks. Then I rebuild through the draft.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #35
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Hate to say it, but whenever I rebuild the Broncos Von Miller is one of the first that I trade. His contract, plus what I can get in draft picks, it's hard to pass that up. I love Von, but when it comes to Madden, his contract is a huge ask.

I usually look for some teams who are hungry and who I suspect will be bottom of the league and I trade some players for picks. Always draft picks. Then I rebuild through the draft.

Yeah Fletcher Cox will be one of the first out the door in Philly if I am struggling in the first season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2021, 12:21 AM   #36
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

Yep, always draft picks for me too.

I like to give the massive old contracts to the same teams in my division if there's a need LOL. So probably Sterling, Blake, ...

Also I don't know how Madden sorts out the "projected draft pick" at the start of the year, but for a lot of teams they are VERY off after a week or two before the records to stretch out further.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #37
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1

Just remember this, Washington hasn't won a meaningful NFL game in over 25 years, so let them talk all they want about the Giants, it's all they got, talk.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #38
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1

I plan on trading Shepard, Engram, Booker, and Solder for picks. I'll grab some offensive line help in the first draft and develop the crap out of them for a full season. Williams is probably untradable with his contract during year one. It will be an interesting team to build up this year. Ryan and Martinez are the 2 contracts I'll be looking to shed after one season if the cap space gets tight. Hopefully the Bears '22 1st round pick is set up for franchise mode, that will be so awesome.

Last edited by ScudDawg; 08-09-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:07 PM   #39
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudDawg
Just remember this, Washington hasn't won a meaningful NFL game in over 25 years, so let them talk all they want about the Giants, it's all they got, talk.
Give it a year or two but in a short while Washington will have the best front 4 in the NFC East since the Giants with Strahan, Tuck and those boys.

Young, Allen, Payne and Sweat...young Studs!!
Old 08-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #40
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudDawg
I plan on trading Shepard, Engram, Booker, and Solder for picks. I'll grab some offensive line help in the first draft and develop the crap out of them for a full season. Williams is probably untradable with his contract during year one. It will be an interesting team to build up this year. Ryan and Martinez are the 2 contracts I'll be looking to shed after one season if the cap space gets tight. Hopefully the Bears '22 1st round pick is set up for franchise mode, that will be so awesome.
Shep definitely w the regression formula in the game.

Engram is actually really good in the game, but yes I will be trading him too with a new contract coming up at age 26 and he can get you massive value in the market.

Will Booker be getting any trade value? I dont recall Gallman getting much in the market, maybe a 5th.

Yes cannot wait for the Bears pick. I'm trying to improve everything, but I've noticed defense on sim mode is most important to focus on especially CB and DLine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »