Home

Coach mode, owner mode?

This is a discussion on Coach mode, owner mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Coach mode, owner mode?

I was just watching a YouTube video of someone playing coach mode (I played as owner for the trial). It looks like there is a lot more new content for playing as coach like cut scenes and press conferences. I think once I get my hands on the retail version I'll restart and go as a coach.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:46 AM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Coach mode, owner mode?

Folks….if you get fired as a coach simply create a new custom coach and select the team your coach that you played as was fired from.

Downside is you lose all your coach tree abilities and start from scratch in that regard.

If you want the full breath of the scenario engine coach is the way to go. If you don’t care about that owner mode is another option. But keep in mind you better manage the balance sheet to be able to resign players and go after free agents.

It is a different challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-15-2021, 09:47 AM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I messed around with it some more last night and the only thing that seems, “missing,” from owner mode is the coach interactions. Which someone has said previously, so that’s correct. The thing about it for me is, I don’t think I want those scenarios because while they seem cool, some of them are just absolute game killers for me.

Primarily the one where Khalil Mack retired mid-season. I had that happen in my trial franchise and also on a stream I watched. So if you start off slow (I was 0-3) Khalil Mack tells you that his heart just isn’t in it and is thinking about retiring. And what’s worse is I guess you have to start winning like crazy because even if you convince him not to he’ll stay (and take a major ratings hit) and then retire anyway around week 7-8.

Add on top of that the fact that you can essentially get fired even if you have coach firing set to CPU only and that just pretty much seals the deal for me.

Lastly, I want the ability to hire/fire the head coach along with the coordinators so unless there’s a major update to coach mode, I think I’ll be doing owner mode.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #12
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I’m always torn between the two. On 21 I chose Owner because I wanted staff(as limited as it was) and the fact CPU didn’t get scenarios(felt like unfair advantage to Human). But now that staff is in coach mode I may reconsider. I do like the little coaches press conference things. I don’t care about tickets prices/marketing and all that. Hmm decisions, decisions…
Old 08-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I’m always torn between the two. On 21 I chose Owner because I wanted staff(as limited as it was) and the fact CPU didn’t get scenarios(felt like unfair advantage to Human). But now that staff is in coach mode I may reconsider. I do like the little coaches press conference things. I don’t care about tickets prices/marketing and all that. Hmm decisions, decisions…

I like the press conferences as well. And while the mid-season player retirements rub me the wrong way, what would really kill it for me would be getting fired. I’ve read that even if you have coach firings set to CPU only that you can still get fired if you enter into the scenario where you meet with the GM. I want to ply as the Bears only and I’d be too disheartened if I got fired after 4 years of franchise mode and had to start over.

I also really wish we could just become another coach and stay with the same team.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 08-15-2021, 01:13 PM   #14
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I like the press conferences as well. And while the mid-season player retirements rub me the wrong way, what would really kill it for me would be getting fired. I’ve read that even if you have coach firings set to CPU only that you can still get fired if you enter into the scenario where you meet with the GM. I want to ply as the Bears only and I’d be too disheartened if I got fired after 4 years of franchise mode and had to start over.

I also really wish we could just become another coach and stay with the same team.

If you get fired you still should be able to make new coach and stay with team. Yea you will lose coach progress but at least team progress should be there. I think Armor mentioned this.
Old 08-15-2021, 01:31 PM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
If you get fired you still should be able to make new coach and stay with team. Yea you will lose coach progress but at least team progress should be there. I think Armor mentioned this.

I’m not aware of this option. I’ll look into that. Are we able to take an existing coach that’s available (that was also fired and free to sign with another team)?

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I’m not aware of this option. I’ll look into that. Are we able to take an existing coach that’s available (that was also fired and free to sign with another team)?

Yes, but I believe you would have to have an offline franchise, in order to do this. You can’t create an additional profile in an online. Offline, you just create another “user,” select the Bears and then either use whatever coach they hired to replace you, or create a custom coach to take that guys spot. You can then just retire the old coach file, or just leave it open, indefinitely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »